144hz or 1ms 60hz monitor

Azi12345

im on a tight budget and i just want to know is the 144 hz monitor worth buying or should i just buy a 60hz 1ms monitor?

If the 144hz monitor has a higher response time then yes get the 60 hz 1ms monitor.

"1ms response time" doesn't really mean much.

There's no way you'll be able to tell the difference between a "1ms" and "10ms" monitor.

There are a number of other factors at play.

Buy a good, well reviewed monitor rather than one with an advertised "1ms" response time.

144Hz will give you a better gaming experience if your graphics card can push over 60 fps.

Hope this helps :)

Response time doesn't become noticeable to like anyone until it gets into like the 20ms range. Get the 144hz.

ASU

Just now, rhyseyness said:

"1ms response time" doesn't really mean much.

There's no way you'll be able to tell the difference between a "1ms" and "10ms" monitor.

There are a number of other factors at play.

Buy a good, well reviewed monitor rather than one with an advertised "1ms" response time.

144Hz will give you a better gaming experience if your graphics card can push over 60 fps.

Hope this helps :)

I really do agree with you.

2 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

Response time doesn't become noticeable to like anyone until it gets into like the 20ms range. Get the 144hz.

Even then it's likely unnoticable.

Average human response time is over 200ms.

The quoted "response time" for a monitor, is NOT the same as the input lag/processing time.

GTG response time is a meaningless specification, there is no standardized way of measuring it, and LCD overdrive is a thing

if they are the same price I'd get 144Hz, if they're not and you're not playing CS:GO then get the cheaper one

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

5 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

motion blurr and ghosting

or are you talking about input latency?

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

haha m8 cant you see i dont realy know what youre talking about cause im new to this

All I can say is that after switching to a 144hz Gsync display I'm hooked. There's no going back. If you have a setup that can drive 1080p at 144hz, I think it's very worth it! The reality is most 144hz have a rated 1ms response time anyway, which as others have pointed out, is hard to measure and perceive. 60hz vs. 144hz on the other hand is night and day (in my experience).