Best CPU Silent Cooling for $40?

happyleonardo14

I have a Hyper 212 Evo but I would like to get low temps because in The Witcher 3 I can reach 60c

for $40 you wont get it

and 60C is perfect.

where can i get those temps?

Rigs I've Built

The Striker i5 4590 @ 3.7 ||  MSI GTX 980 Armor X2 || Corsair RMX 750 || Team Elite Plus 8 GB || Define S || MSI Z97S SLI Krait

The Office PC i3 4160 @ 3.6 || Intel 4600 || EVGA 500B || G.Skill 8 GB || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M Pro4

The Friend PC G3258 @ 4.3 || Sapphire R9 280X Tri-X || EVGA 600B || 8 GB Dell Ram || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M- iTX/ac

The Mom Gaming PC A10-7890K @ 4.4 || iGPU + ASUS R7 250 ||  8 GB Klevv DDR3-2800 Mhz

60C is fine. Not going to get a decent upgrade from the 212 EVO for $40.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

The 212 evo is a fine cooler, and 60 degrees is fairly well under the temperature limits of a cpu, however if you want something silent, I suggest you pick up an nf-f12 fan from noctua or a gentle typhoon fan from scythe to replace the one on the 212 evo.

27 minutes ago, HKZeroFive said:

60C is fine. Not going to get a decent upgrade from the 212 EVO for $40.

How much should I spend to get a decent upgrade?

10 minutes ago, happyleonardo14 said:

How much should I spend to get a decent upgrade?

Probably about $60 for something like Phanteks TC14PE provided if you can fit it in your case. Or $90 for a Noctua NH-D15 which is the best air cooler out there. Again, only if it can fit your case. But to be perfectly honest, you don't need an upgrade unless the noise is irritating.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

What cpu do you have?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

12 minutes ago, happyleonardo14 said:

i7 6700

Non-K?

The 212 EVO you have is overkill, imo. 60C under load is perfectly fine on a 6700.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

1 hour ago, aisle9 said:

Non-K?

The 212 EVO you have is overkill, imo. 60C under load is perfectly fine on a 6700.

Ok Thank You for your answer I was wondering about the temps of my i7 6700 because I got 44c underload with an i5 6500 with the hyper 212 evo before.