RX 480 AFTERMARKET RELEASE DATE?

Hey guys, so I'm planning on buying the rx 480 and maybe a year later buy another one for crossfire. But I don't want the reference cooler, so I'm currently waiting for the aftermarket coolers.. Any idea when they will hit the market? Thank you in advance. 

Also, why is it that the RX 480 aftermarkets aren't out yet? Like Nvidia aftermarket cards always hit at same time as the launch.. u feel me fam?

From what I read on the OC3D forums there is a large amount of backorders on the reference - somewhere around 5000. So those come first.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

7 minutes ago, App4that said:

I'd wait to see the 1060 benchmarks, they hit tomorrow.

I'd get the 1060, if the Sli bridge was still there.. :) 

2 minutes ago, SpyingAround said:

Have you run a multi graphics card configuration? Not worth it. I ran a 290/390 crossfire set up and now have a 980ti. The crossfire set up beats my 980ti in Firestrike but my 980ti destroys the crossfire set up in every game while running cooler and using less power. 

Even if you get a 480 my advice is don't get suckered into running multiple graphics cards when the support from developers isn't there. Sell it and trade up to Vega once it launches. 

If anyone asks you never saw me.

5 minutes ago, SpyingAround said:

Wait for benches. Don't blindly believe leaks (as proven by the 480)

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

17 minutes ago, don_svetlio said:

Wait for benches. Don't blindly believe leaks (as proven by the 480)

What was proven or disproven by the 480? 

6 minutes ago, onlybuilt4cubanxlinx said:

I'm on this wagon. Only things news worthy is the XFX pics were released.

The xfx 480 is one of the sexiest looking cards i've seen in a while. I'd like to know the release date though?? Like everyone is off subject.. 

8 minutes ago, SpyingAround said:

The xfx 480 is one of the sexiest looking cards i've seen in a while. I'd like to know the release date though?? Like everyone is off subject.. 

Because there are no release dates. They will hit when they hit. Try the individual board partners you're interested in as they may put a date on the card you want. The only solid custom card dates I've seen are Pascal though, like the custom 1060s that launch tomorrow.

24 minutes ago, SpyingAround said:

What was proven or disproven by the 480? 

Leaks are mostly false in 99% of the cases

AIB production starts this weekend. 

So, aftermarket cards coming SOON™ I guess.

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=29795238&postcount=516

Apparently they blew through their demand predictions by quite a margin.

OS: W10 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth P67 | CPU: i7 2600k @ 4.6 | RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz | GPU: x2 MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G | Storage: x2 WD CB 1TB, x1 WD CB 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM850x | Spare a moment for Night Theme Users:

Spoiler

I'm an erudite cave-dwelling Troglodyte
I frequent LinusTechTips past midnight
Dark backgrounds I crave 
For my sun-seared red gaze
I'll molest you if you don't form your text right

German website Gamestar states that the asus strix 480 will launch in mid-august and the nitro 5th august.

Hope this helps

2 minutes ago, Infin8 said:

German website Gamestar states that the asus strix 480 will launch in mid-august and the nitro 5th august.

Hope this helps

Seems late - Should be within 2 weeks.

50 minutes ago, App4that said:

Have you run a multi graphics card configuration? Not worth it. I ran a 290/390 crossfire set up and now have a 980ti. The crossfire set up beats my 980ti in Firestrike but my 980ti destroys the crossfire set up in every game while running cooler and using less power. 

Even if you get a 480 my advice is don't get suckered into running multiple graphics cards when the support from developers isn't there. Sell it and trade up to Vega once it launches. 

Thank you! I am constantly saying the same thing to people. Just sell up and buy something faster. It's actually cheaper.

7 minutes ago, don_svetlio said:

Seems late - Should be within 2 weeks.

My guess is the same. I think they held onto the custom 480s to steal Nvidia's Thunder tomorrow. 

42 minutes ago, don_svetlio said:

Leaks are mostly false in 99% of the cases

What leaks bro? 

I can't afford to buy 2 480's at the same time. If i could,I would buy a gtx 1070 instead. Also multi-gpu setup is being supported more and more. Also every benchmark of games I play and don't play have shown that rx 480 crossfire is doing way better than expected. Also with vulkan support and dx12. I'm buying a 480 to later buy another one. I hope they are launched before the 6th of August.. 

2 minutes ago, SpyingAround said:

What leaks bro? 

Nvidia is saying the 1060 will match a 980, and beat the 480 in every scenario. And since there are already confirmed board partner cards with open coolers at 260us that would be quite impressive. But other than the pricing those are rumors. Along with multi GPU support on the 1060, which all that's been confirmed is that Nvidia won't support it. There are rumors of board partners with SLI support, namely the iChill. But we still don't know what Nvidia has planned. SLI is just one type of multi GPU support. In 24hrs we'll know for sure.

2 minutes ago, App4that said:

Nvidia is saying the 1060 will match a 980, and beat the 480 in every scenario. And since there are already confirmed board partner cards with open coolers at 260us that would be quite impressive. But other than the pricing those are rumors. Along with multi GPU support on the 1060, which all that's been confirmed is that Nvidia won't support it. There are rumors of board partners with SLI support, namely the iChill. But we still don't know what Nvidia has planned. SLI is just one type of multi GPU support. In 24hrs we'll know for sure.

The price of the gtx 1060 isn't rumoured. NCIX accidently leaked it, and i found out about it, and made a thread about it on this Forum. They leaked a reference Zotac gtx 1060, a Zotac AMP gtx 1060 and a MSI Gaming X gtx 1060. The reference was priced at 343 CAD and the Gaming X at 443 CAD. 

Here's the thread i made about it: 

3 minutes ago, SpyingAround said:

I can't afford to buy 2 480's at the same time. If i could,I would buy a gtx 1070 instead. Also multi-gpu setup is being supported more and more. Also every benchmark of games I play and don't play have shown that rx 480 crossfire is doing way better than expected. Also with vulkan support and dx12. I'm buying a 480 to later buy another one. I hope they are launched before the 6th of August.. 

As someone who owned crossfire just months ago that's incorrect. All the tech channels pushing crossfire are telling you is fps. And they pick the few games with developer support to cherry pick results. Games rarely if ever have support day one, and when you finally get support you get stuttering and flicking. 

People have been saying multi card support will improve since the first multi card set ups, every API is the one that fixes multi card support. Yet it's still hit and miss. Do what you want with your money, but when people who have bought in and got burned share their experiences you might want to at least consider them.

6 minutes ago, App4that said:

3 minutes ago, App4that said:

As someone who owned crossfire just months ago that's incorrect. All the tech channels pushing crossfire are telling you is fps. And they pick the few games with developer support to cherry pick results. Games rarely if ever have support day one, and when you finally get support you get stuttering and flicking. 

People have been saying multi card support will improve since the first multi card set ups, every API is the one that fixes multi card support. Yet it's still hit and miss. Do what you want with your money, but when people who have bought in and got burned share their experiences you might want to at least consider them.

I know that Crossfire/SLI support isn't the best solution yet, but not all games are cherry picked, also the key word is "months ago". What we see today isn't the same as months ago.. 

Also you can't "say" that every tech channel's benchmarks are "bs" and CF/SLI will burn you.. Like the CF 480's have shown huge perfomance. Also saying multi-gpu setups aren't being improved is bs.. because it is being improved.. Also as i mentioned, I'm not planning on buying another rx 480 in like a year after the first one. I only play CS:GO and GTA V, where GTA V is the most demanding game i own. 

I don't have enough money to buy a gtx 1070, and buying a gtx 1060 is just stupid since theres no SLI support, RX 480 in Crossfire beats 1070 and having the option to crossfire is far more worth it than having a stronger single card that puts out 15 more fps, but has no SLI support at the same price of 480. THe no SLI is just a no go in 2016. Srsly..

3 minutes ago, SpyingAround said:

Srsly..

Yes, seriously. How long have you been PC gaming? Do you know how many times SLI/Crossfire have been pushed and the all clear has been sounded? The number of times the new API has "fixed" it? Yet every serious reviewer says not to do it because of the issues found. If multi card support is dropped from the Nvidia side, that is why. And when a company whos stock price is ten times that of AMD says it's a bad idea, and people try and share their experiences with you in an attempt to save you the frustration, you go ahaid and do it.

Well I'm sure we can commiserate with you when the topic related to your issues pops up.

2 hours ago, App4that said:

I'd wait to see the 1060 benchmarks, they hit tomorrow.

The 480 is already close to 1070 performance in Vulcan/DX12, I don't see the 1060 turning any heads unless the pricing is incredibly competitive.