Paypal withdrawing from empty bank account?

So i tryed to withdraw 40 bucks from my back into my paypal and at the time i had plenty of money and i ended up purchasing a prepaid to buy what i needed cause paypal was taking to long, just got an email that says they withdrew 40 bucks but my bank only had like 3 bucks in it....

I did however deposit 130 to my bank from paypal so perhaps they took it from that despite it not clearing to my bank yet.....

Anyone have an idea whats going on, sure hope i dont get hit with overdraft fees : __ :

check your bank acc m8..

i7 4790K | 4.5ghz @1.19v / 1080 ti strix oc  / Asus Z97 Pro Gamer  / 970 Evo 500GB | 850 Evo 500GB / Corsair 780t white|window  

PG279Q | VG248QE/ Corsair ax860i   /   Corsair H110i GTX   /  Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 2400mhz /

1 minute ago, McHox said:

check your bank acc m8..

I did shows the same balance as before, perhaps i discovered a bug :o

1 minute ago, FirstArmada said:

I did shows the same balance as before, perhaps i discovered a bug :o

Your bank is probably just going to take a while to update. My PayPal transactions always take longer to show up than other things. Just wait it out a bit and keep checking up on your bank account and see what happens.

1 minute ago, forthe48 said:

Your bank is probably just going to take a while to update. My PayPal transactions always take longer to show up than other things. Just wait it out a bit and keep checking up on your bank account and see what happens.

1 minute ago, mikat said:

banks are super duper slow with that stuff sometimes

Been a bit over an hour...

How come it doesen't overdraft on Interac charges? If that is the case which seems like it is... 

1 minute ago, FirstArmada said:

Been a bit over an hour...

How come it doesen't overdraft on Interac charges? If that is the case which seems like it is... 

"A bit over an hour" isn't a long time, lol. My PayPal charges don't generally show up in my account until at least the next day most times. The banking system can just be slow.

My guess is that the money was taken when you asked Paypal to do it, it just took a while for the bank to send the money to Paypal.

So go back and check the time you asked for the money to be transferred.

I speak my mind, sorry if thats a problem.

It usually takes around 4 business days for money that I transferred to PayPal to appear in my bank statement.

13 minutes ago, Brock_S said:

It usually takes around 4 business days for money that I transferred to PayPal to appear in my bank statement.

same here, seriously OP, an hour and you're expecting it to show already???

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !