My GTX 970 keeps overheating recently

So i bought a GTX 970 when it was brand new and recently when i play specific games(BF4, Warframe, Farcry 4, Fallout 4) it behaves really weird and starts to ramp up the fans to very loud RPMs and i tried to just turn down the fan curve in MSI Afterburner but then the GPU core hit like 90 degrees. I have no idea what causes this problem so please someone help me with this. Thanks in advance!!

2 minutes ago, Nexodin said:

So i bought a GTX 970 when it was brand new and recently when i play specific games(BF4, Warframe, Farcry 4, Fallout 4) it behaves really weird and starts to ramp up the fans to very loud RPMs and i tried to just turn down the fan curve in MSI Afterburner but then the GPU core hit like 90 degrees. I have no idea what causes this problem so please someone help me with this. Thanks in advance!!

Try cleaning it.

''Daddy CumTits 2.0'' (pc):

CPU - Intel i7 8700k

GPU - Asus Strix 1080 8gb

RAM - 2x8gb Corsair Vengance 

MOBO - Asus Prime Z370-p

PSU - Corsair RM750x

4 minutes ago, Nexodin said:

try and clean off as much dust as you can, if there isn't much dust that you can see, CAREFULLY take off the cooler and clean off the dust. I think you may gave to re apply thermal compound not sure though. Look up a video for the 970 cooler removal just to be sure.

1 minute ago, Flavortown2k16 said:

Try cleaning it.

I tried it. Changed the thermal paste too. didn't solve it.

I tried it. Changed the thermal paste too. didn't solve it.

Have you overclocked it, or changed any other hardware recently?

2 minutes ago, ryslinkee said:

Have you overclocked it, or changed any other hardware recently?

No i had it overclocked for a while but then i turned it back to normal when it gave me like 4 more fps and i didn't think that it was worth the hassle right then. But my CPU is overclocked. The problem appeared when i had a microsoft support employee reinstall my windows 10.

No i had it overclocked for a while but then i turned it back to normal when it gave me like 4 more fps and i didn't think that it was worth the hassle right then. But my CPU is overclocked. The problem appeared when i had a microsoft support employee reinstall my windows 10.

Just curious, why did a microsoft support employee reinstall win10?

Just curious, why did a microsoft support employee reinstall win10?

I couldn't open any pictures because my photoviewer was corrupted or something

I couldn't open any pictures because my photoviewer was corrupted or something

Getting a little off topic, but I don't think that was really necessary, just get a new photo viewer... anyways, I don't know what would cause it, aside from poor cooling, unless a fan is dying and is running slower than it should

Getting a little off topic, but I don't think that was really necessary, just get a new photo viewer... anyways, I don't know what would cause it, aside from poor cooling, unless a fan is dying and is running slower than it should

nope its just as loud. I have tried many other forums and they couldn't help me either :(

nope its just as loud. I have tried many other forums and they couldn't help me either :(

Do you have the most recent drivers?

4 minutes ago, ryslinkee said:

Do you have the most recent drivers?

I think so. i can check and come back

10 minutes ago, Nexodin said:

I think so. i can check and come back

If it happened right after the OS reinstall, then I would recommend to reinstall it again, by yourself. If you're on your phone I can walk you through it, or go find one of the thousands on how to do it yourself. You should backup all of your stuff, so you don't lose it.

3 minutes ago, ryslinkee said:

If it happened right after the OS reinstall, then I would recommend to reinstall it again, by yourself. If you're on your phone I can walk you through it, or go find one of the thousands on how to do it yourself. You should backup all of your stuff, so you don't lose it.

No ive tried that too i've had this problem for like a week. Maybe i can try to redo it

No ive tried that too i've had this problem for like a week. Maybe i can try to redo it

Write down your CPU overclock, and reset your CMOS, it may help.

5 minutes ago, ryslinkee said:

Write down your CPU overclock, and reset your CMOS, it may help.

Why would that have anything with the GPU overheating to do?

22 minutes ago, Nexodin said:

Why would that have anything with the GPU overheating to do?

I'm just going through the paces, it may work, it may not, I can't know without being right in front of it.

55 minutes ago, Nexodin said:

Which model of the 970?

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

1 hour ago, Flavortown2k16 said:

Try cleaning it.

Get new psu . Sounds like power fluctuation problem or different mobo or even another pcie slot on your mobo. If you have  any over clocking software msi afterburner  or evga  installed it might have corrupted your gpu drivers. Unistall and reinstall driver's. Last do full virus check on your system. If all this fails I recommend you get new card.good luck.

14 minutes ago, GER_T4IGA said:

Which model of the 970?

Its the the MSI refrence one

59 minutes ago, Nexodin said:

Its the the MSI refrence one

to be fair my 770 Twinfrozr has had the same thing happen. i reapplied thermal paste but as games just start to become more and more demanding my GPU also got hotter over time.
In your case it really sound like you got some dust to clean below the shroud lol.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

The best solution I can give you is disassamble it and clean it. There are many factors that come into effect.