~ 750W Power Supply

TheOnlyNexus

Hey guys,

I was looking for a fully modular power supply with around 750W. Included cables should be sleeved black until the very end of the connector. At least 4 8pin connectors (would be optimal if the were individual pieces, not these splitted ones.(Don't want these ugly red, blue or yellow colored cables). Budget of about 120-150$. I personally was thinking of the EVGA Supernova G2 750W, thr XFX XTR 750W or the Corsair Rmx 750i/x.

Thanks in advance!

16 minutes ago, TheOnlyNexus said:

Hey guys,

I was looking for a fully modular power supply with around 750W. Included cables should be sleeved black until the very end of the connector. At least 4 8pin connectors (would be optimal if the were individual pieces, not these splitted ones.(Don't want these ugly red, blue or yellow colored cables). Budget of about 120-150$. I personally was thinking of the EVGA Supernova G2 750W, thr XFX XTR 750W or the Corsair Rmx 750i/x.

Thanks in advance!

I don't know about the exact color of the cables, but both the Supernova G2 750 and RM750X are one of the best and the most popular PSUs in the whole world. I don't know much about the XFX unit, but I personally recommend both the latter. It's your choice in the end - we can only share our opinions. Better make a well thought-out choice, as compromising on PSUs isn't really recommended, as it can transform your house to resemble the Colosseum if it gets pissed!

Nothing to see here ;)

The Corsair RM750i would be the 'best' choice of those options, since it has a better fluid dynamic bearing fan, a more passive fan curve over the EVGA G2 and the bonus of Corsair Link, making it a very silent PSU.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

The G2 is all black cabling so no Ketchum and Mustard look. Also, pretty much all PSU's will have the standard 6+2 PCIe pins unless you order custom cabling specific for solid 8 pin. I personally have a G2.

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Get a set of replacement braided cables if you want the best aesthetics. Cablemod and Bitfenix both do them if you want something off the shelf.

First of all, thanks for the replies. 

1 hour ago, lee32uk said:

Get a set of replacement braided cables if you want the best aesthetics. Cablemod and Bitfenix both do them if you want something off the shelf.

Sure, I'll get sleeve cables later on, but for now I want the included cables to be good looking.

1 hour ago, HKZeroFive said:

The Corsair RM750i would be the 'best' choice of those options, since it has a better fluid dynamic bearing fan, a more passive fan curve over the EVGA G2 and the bonus of Corsair Link, making it a very silent PSU.

1 hour ago, legacy99 said:

The G2 is all black cabling so no Ketchum and Mustard look. Also, pretty much all PSU's will have the standard 6+2 PCIe pins unless you order custom cabling specific for solid 8 pin. I personally have a G2.

Still can't decide between these 2 PSUs :(. 

1 minute ago, TheOnlyNexus said:

First of all, thanks for the replies. 

Sure, I'll get sleeve cables later on, but for now I want the included cables to be good looking.

You cant go wrong with either choice. At this point it would come down to money. Pick whichever is cheaper. If same price, then the one that would color schematically match your build better.

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

11 minutes ago, TheOnlyNexus said:

The only reason I said the RM750i was better was because it's a more silent option. The EVGA G2 is a top tier power supply with excellent component choice, build quality, voltage regulation and ripple suppression. If you want to save a few bucks by going for the G2, go for it. They're both excellent power supplies.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

Which one would be quieter?

1 hour ago, lee32uk said:

2 hours ago, HKZeroFive said:

1 hour ago, legacy99 said:

1 minute ago, TheOnlyNexus said:

The G2 has Eco Mode, meaning the fan does not spin unless it reaches 40c. Here is a quick explanation. 

http://www.evga.com/support/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?topicid=86&faqid=59497

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

17 minutes ago, TheOnlyNexus said:

Probably the Corsair Rmi.

18 minutes ago, TheOnlyNexus said:

Corsair RMi. Better fan, more passive fan curve and Corsair Link which allows you to control fan speeds IIRC. It also has a ZeroRPM mode, which is basically the same as EVGA's Eco mode.

Spoiler

1 minute ago, lee32uk said:

All the ones listed have eco mode.

ok, well I dont have the RMI only the G2, so I can only comment on the G2 personally. 

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

2 hours ago, legacy99 said:

ok, well I dont have the RMI only the G2, so I can only comment on the G2 personally. 

How loud is the G2? As I want to have a really quiet build (~30 dB max.), the PSU shouldn't exceed the limit.

BTW: How many connectors for PCIe cables are there on the Corsair RM750i, as I can only spot 2, which would result in splitted cables, which I don't like.

5 hours ago, TheOnlyNexus said:

How loud is the G2? As I want to have a really quiet build (~30 dB max.), the PSU shouldn't exceed the limit.

BTW: How many connectors for PCIe cables are there on the Corsair RM750i, as I can only spot 2, which would result in splitted cables, which I don't like.

The RMi will likely be quieter. Also check the respective websites of the manufacturers.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||