My comment disappeared

GooDBoY920

Hi, 

I commented >9 hours ago on this topic below: 

I got a notification that a member agreed to my post. When I went to check the topic I didn't find it there.

This is the linked to my comment, I copied the link from the notifications.

If I made a mistake please correct me, have a nice day everyone. 

TBH all these pokemon go headlines are nothing more than click bait. What the "news" actually is, stupid person watching phone rather than road gets hit by car. This happens all over the world, everyday and it's not news but just because pokemon was being played it is now news?

I digress, it was probably removed because at 51 comments it was liking starting an argument or maybe this falls under "no drama" linus was talking about. 

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

It appears your comment was hidden as it contributed little or nothing to the conversation.  At least, that appears to be the ruling on it.  If you feel strongly that this decision is in error, please feel free to contact an admin.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Someone reported it and it got removed, so nobody can see it.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

2 hours ago, vorticalbox said:

TBH all these pokemon go headlines are nothing more than click bait. What the "news" actually is, stupid person watching phone rather than road gets hit by car. This happens all over the world, everyday and it's not news but just because pokemon was being played it is now news?

I digress, it was probably removed because at 51 comments it was liking starting an argument or maybe this falls under "no drama" linus was talking about. 

When did Linus say "no drama" ?

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

1 hour ago, vorticalbox said:

I agree, its something not worth mentioning as the game alert you at the beginning to be aware of your surroundings. That's why I just posted facepalm pic. 

1 hour ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

34 minutes ago, Enderman said:

It was my honest opinion about the topic, although it was facepalm pic.

This is what I posted :

Spoiler

............................................________ 
....................................,.-'"...................``~., 
.............................,.-"..................................."-., 
.........................,/...............................................":, 
.....................,?......................................................, 
.................../...........................................................,} 
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:"........./ 
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../ 
............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../ 
.........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`........_/ 
..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....} 
...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../ 
...,,,___.`~,......"~.,....................`.....}............../ 
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-" 
............/.`~,......`-...................................../ 
.............`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....,__ 
,,_..........}.>-._...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,__......`,................................. 
...................`=~-,,.,............................... 
................................`:,,...........................`..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_..........._,-%.......` 

30 minutes ago, ThatGuyWhoTwirlsHisPen said:

When did Linus say "no drama" ?

in his video about the hack that recently happened.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

1 hour ago, GooDBoY920 said:

I agree, its something not worth mentioning as the game alert you at the beginning to be aware of your surroundings. That's why I just posted facepalm pic. 

It was my honest opinion about the topic, although it was facepalm pic.

This is what I posted :

Reveal hidden contents

............................................________ 
....................................,.-'"...................``~., 
.............................,.-"..................................."-., 
.........................,/...............................................":, 
.....................,?......................................................, 
.................../...........................................................,} 
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:"........./ 
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../ 
............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../ 
.........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`........_/ 
..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....} 
...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../ 
...,,,___.`~,......"~.,....................`.....}............../ 
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-" 
............/.`~,......`-...................................../ 
.............`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....,__ 
,,_..........}.>-._...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,__......`,................................. 
...................`=~-,,.,............................... 
................................`:,,...........................`..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_..........._,-%.......` 

Kinda counts as spam.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

1 hour ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Mods have eaten it.

Every time I read your comments I keep hearing Wesley Snipes from the movie blade voice in my head. I guess your profile picture reminds me of him xD

Which is seen as spam here. While not literally said in CS anymore ("no single meme pics" was part of previous CoC), its still contributing nothing and you could just as well not posted it.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

18 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Which is seen as spam here. While not literally said in CS anymore ("no single meme pics" was part of previous CoC), its still contributing nothing and you could just as well not posted it.

Okay, I get now. I wander why I didn't get pm or something at least so I can know why it got removed.

Okay, I get now. I wander why I didn't get pm or something at least so I can know why it got removed.

because if there were to be contact for every removed comment, edited post or removed thread, we'd have to triple the staff count to just cover messaging.

if it were a major infraction, then you'd have some contact with the staff. minor items are just shelved and we move on.

just like this thread, as per our Community Standards:

Moderation & Bans

• Do not openly discuss the moderation of any content or user. If you have an issue, please contact a staff member.
  • Do not backseat moderate – if there’s an issue, please use the report function.
  • Please be aware staff cannot see private messages unless they are reported.
  • If you have an issue with a moderator at any time, please contact an Administrator via PM @Slick  @Whaler_99  @Windspeed36

1 hour ago, airdeano said:

because if there were to be contact for every removed comment, edited post or removed thread, we'd have to triple the staff count to just cover messaging.

if it were a major infraction, then you'd have some contact with the staff. minor items are just shelved and we move on.

just like this thread, as per our Community Standards:

For the bold part: How I will know my mistake if no one tells me why my post got removed or deleted. By not alerting me about the mistake I did. I may do it again without knowing it was a mistake, which could make it difficult for moderators to just keep removing posts every. 

I don't think it's very wise if a police man gave you a ticket one day without telling you what you did. 

For the normal part: I posted here because I wasn't sure if this happened duo to a bug or moderator action. In case it was removed by a moderator for a reason I'm fine with it(I did a mistake, I deserve it). In case it was a bug I will just report it. 

Thanks for sharing community standards link, I appreciate it. 

2 hours ago, GooDBoY920 said:

For the bold part: How I will know my mistake if no one tells me why my post got removed or deleted. By not alerting me about the mistake I did. I may do it again without knowing it was a mistake, which could make it difficult for moderators to just keep removing posts every. 

I don't think it's very wise if a police man gave you a ticket one day without telling you what you did. 

For the normal part: I posted here because I wasn't sure if this happened duo to a bug or moderator action. In case it was removed by a moderator for a reason I'm fine with it(I did a mistake, I deserve it). In case it was a bug I will just report it. 

Thanks for sharing community standards link, I appreciate it. 

The community standards is linked literally at the top of every LTT page.

But I also agree about the "removed without telling you why" part.

Maybe they could do something where a mod just clicks a checkbox for which section of the CS you're breaking and it sends an automated message saying "your post has been removed for violating part X of the community standards"

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020