Wifi works but Ethernet doesn't?

Captain_France

Hey guys, 

Recently I went from wifi to using a wired connection on my computer as I finally got a cable that could reach. But the issue I am having is the discord and spotifiy will not work on the wired connection. Im not sure what Is happening and have tried everything. Disabling firewall and my virus protection, Reinstalling the programs. Im not sure if there are permission issues but I  am using my ISP provided modem and it has no QOS options or anything that resembles it.

Not sure what to do. When I go back to the wifi connection it works fine again. Any ideas?

I'm afraid to swear now because the overlords might hurt me. 

Is it only discord and spotify? Hmm strange, ususally I would reinstall windows Ethernet drivers you can find online using your wireless connection, but if everything but Spotify and Discord dont work, it would be some sort of firewall...

6 minutes ago, Captain_France said:

Hey guys, 

Recently I went from wifi to using a wired connection on my computer as I finally got a cable that could reach. But the issue I am having is the discord and spotifiy will not work on the wired connection. Im not sure what Is happening and have tried everything. Disabling firewall and my virus protection, Reinstalling the programs. Im not sure if there are permission issues but I  am using my ISP provided modem and it has no QOS options or anything that resembles it.

Not sure what to do. When I go back to the wifi connection it works fine again. Any ideas?

I have never seen this before. Make sure that the WIFI is disabled when you use Ethernet, If you use a PCIE or PCI WIFI card then take it out, if it is on the mother board then disable the driver...... If it sees a Ethernet connection it should disable WIFI automatically but sometimes stuff like this happens.

Have you tried turning it off and on again?