BEst Anitivirus sofware

fc0712

My definition of good is an anti-virus performing as it should, to keep your system clean and protected. I am referring my views to both home and business users. MSE is on par with Nod32 and it is not really ok if you have not real important stuff on your home/business PC from real hackers, the type that likes to use IP addresses against themselves, meaning spoofing IP & packet and what ever else they do, malformed IP packet iteration etc. to gain access to and retrieve data from your system. Malware bytes is a good anti-virus as well but it is more a reactive anti-virus than being proactive and in my experience, a proactive anti-virus is all ways best.

You say both but I would say that business and home users don't have the same requirements (some might but most won't). They need different levels of security. You say free AV is no good but I would say top of the line AV is overkill. I have no sensitive information on my computer that makes it worth spending large amounts on AV. For me, free AV is perfect as I use it more for keeping my machine performing well and less with keeping it 100% secure. If I get a virus I can easily remove it. It's all a matter of perspective.

I don't mind you or anyone disagreeing with me and also presenting a counter view to my view because that is one of the things that i like this forum for, sharing views.

Couldn't agree more :)

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700

You say both but I would say that business and home users don't have the same requirements (some might but most won't). They need different levels of security. You say free AV is no good but I would say top of the line AV is overkill. I have no sensitive information on my computer that makes it worth spending large amounts on AV. For me, free AV is perfect as I use it more for keeping my machine performing well and less with keeping it 100% secure. If I get a virus I can easily remove it. It's all a matter of perspective.

The say both because the levels of security wanted by both are basically the same but on different scopes. For example a business my need to secure financial transactions tallying in the hundreds of millions while a home will need to secure financial transactions tallying in the hundreds of dollars but one does not out weight the other as to the business the hundreds of millions is most likely insured but still can cause a business to fail if the money goes missing, the home is susceptible to this as well as most of us pay bills over the internet and do internet banking and if that money goes missing the home to may fail according to contingencies. It is your choice to be what i consider to be "complaisant" or proactive while using the internet.

Further more, i have seen a virus/trojan be embedded in firmware before, granted it was on a bank's server but never the less it can be done and no OS re-install can remove it.

I do online banking as well as go-to-meetings and have what i consider to be very valuable data on my PC such as family photos of loved ones that has passed from this live and to loose that would hurt very much. This is why no matter what AV i use i still make regular back ups and back ups of those back ups for securing my sensitive data.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

Norton Internet Security 2014

d3ba4c2ad48315115497c55af20b6a9f.png

Did you make this graph yourself or..... 

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

okay, i will just run MSE and maybe considering Malwarebytes for extra protection 

I'm currently using Avast. I've had some issues here and there, nothing special, but I'm planning a new build soon and I've been checking Webroot. It has pretty good reviews... or I'll go with Kaspersky. Not sure yet.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator RGB 32 GB (4x8GB) DDR4 GPU: EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512 GB NVME | Samsung QVO 1TB SSD  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Seagate Barracuda 8TB Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P600S PSU: Corsair RM850x

I am a gamer, not because I don't have a life, but because I choose to have many.