There's really no point in getting a gtx 1060

c00face

Time is everything. All we can do is wait, but i would still recommend going with RX480 over the 1060 due to lower price and crossfire/dx12 dualgraphics potential with 8gb versions and the A-sync compute using games, in which AMD rocks.

6 hours ago, App4that said:

Is this a 750ti? It's confirmed that the custom 1060 will have the option to support SLI. This is one more reason Nvidia giving you to buy a board partner card over theirs in support of there board partners. Check out the iChill. 

Can you provide a link to the source of that information... I can't find it...

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

6 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Can you provide a link to the source of that information... I can't find it...

This was a rumor that there would be a 3GB GTX 1060 that wouldn't support SLI and a 6GB version that would... There is NO version that supports SLI as the GTX 1060 Core doesn't.. It doesn't matter if the Card is made by Gigabyte, MSI, ASUS etc,

if the GTX 1060 chip doesn't support it NOONE can add SLI support, FYI...

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

1 minute ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

This was a rumor that there would be a 3GB GTX 1060 that wouldn't support SLI and a 6GB version that would... There is NO version that supports SLI as the GTX 1060 Core doesn't.. It doesn't matter if the Card is made by Gigabyte, MSI, ASUS etc,

if the GTX 1060 chip doesn't support it NOONE can add SLI support, FYI...

You would still have DX12 multi-adapter, which apparently is the future anyway. crossfire and SLI support have been getting worse for a long time.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

1 minute ago, Briggsy said:

You would still have DX12 multi-adapter, which apparently is the future anyway. crossfire and SLI support have been getting worse for a long time.

Yes, but there is NO SLI support... DX12 Multi Adapter is a different story...

1 minute ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

but why crossfire or SLI budget cards? I get that people want to have an option later on, but by the time you need more performance to buy the second card, the latest budget card will likely match SLI/crossfire performance, and will support newer technologies. And if you might need more performance sooner, than you are better off going with a better single card solution now. And to be honest, 480 or 1060 are monster cards for 1080p, which means if you need performance for a 1440p display (which cost a lot more than 1080p displays), you should probably also have the money for a 1070. I dunno, doubling up budget cards makes no sense to me, and never has.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

2 hours ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

There is no SLI support from Nvidia, read my posts. Support from Nvidia is not required.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

380 can't even 1080p. 

480 can, and even handle 1440p im guessing. 

But im not upgrading because $400 for the 480, please fuck off amd. 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

On 2016-07-15 at 0:18 PM, Supermangik said:

I forgot to mention nVidia does not allow SLI support for the gtx 1060, which is a big joke. They know exactly what they're trying to pull here, and it's really to force you to buy their high budget gaming cards instead of stacking two 1060 and beating the 1070 or a single 1080 for half the price.

Here's a fancy 1060 with SLI fingers. I'm pretty sure the AIB partners would be cutting those fingers off if Nvidia was not allowing SLI support. The reference 1060 will only be available from Nvidia's website, so it's definitely a collectors item anyway.

Inno3D-GTX-1060-iChill-X3-7-635x397.jpg

4 minutes ago, themctipers said:

380 can't even 1080p. 

480 can, and even handle 1440p im guessing. 

But im not upgrading because $400 for the 480, please fuck off amd. 

$400 Canadian Dollars

just to clear that up :>

I thought I was editing a post but nope. :P

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

7 minutes ago, themctipers said:

I thought I was editing a post but nope. :P

yeah, they really need to place the edit button over to the right, or somewhere else. I dunno how many times I've quoted myself instead of editing.

14 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

Here's a fancy 1060 with SLI fingers. I'm pretty sure the AIB partners would be cutting those fingers off if Nvidia was not allowing SLI support. The reference 1060 will only be available from Nvidia's website, so it's definitely a collectors item anyway.

Inno3D-GTX-1060-iChill-X3-7-635x397.jpg

If one of you keep posting this stupid fake picture of a wanna be 1060 again, I'm going to slap myself. Do me a favor, quit listening to that App4that idiot, and his stupid sources is not reliable. Nvidia has already announced they do not support SLI for 1060, what are you going on about? Even if an AIB partner added SLI fingers onto a gtx 1060 PCB board, it won't do anything because there will be no drivers to support it. And please, that iChill titled, "1060" has been stated multiple times that it is NOT a 1060 in that picture, but a 1070.

products_id_243_2.jpg

Do me a favor, write on a piece paper, "App4that (insert insult.)" Don't listen to that guy anymore, thanks.

3 minutes ago, Supermangik said:

If one of you keep posting this stupid fake picture of a wanna be 1060 again, I'm going to slap myself. Do me a favor, quit listening to that App4that idiot, and his stupid sources is not reliable. Nvidia has already announced they do not support SLI for 1060, what are you going on about? Even if an AIB partner added SLI fingers onto a gtx 1060 PCB board, it won't do anything because there will be no drivers to support it. And please, that iChill titled, "1060" has been stated multiple times that it is NOT a 1060 in that picture, but a 1070.

No, the 1070 pictures are the other source. TweakTown shows the correct picture. 

And for the ?? time. Nvidia doesn't have to support SLI, the developers are responsible for the support on the 1060.

3 minutes ago, Supermangik said:

SLI and crossfire on budget cards is a waste. why spend $500+ USD on two cards that most of the time won't scale well at all, or even drop performance? If you are buying a 1440p display, you got money enough to buy a single 1440p card that performs well on all titles equally.

2 minutes ago, App4that said:

No, the 1070 pictures are the other source. TweakTown shows the correct picture. 

And for the ?? time. Nvidia doesn't have to support SLI, the developers are responsible for the support on the 1060.

... Are you joking me? Are you some sort of delusional nVidia fan boy? 

Ladies and gentlemen, to make this clear to everyone who reads this. NVidia does not support SLI for Gtx 1060. That means, there will be no drivers that will make your x2 1060 work. Even if developers made it compatible (even when NVidia said no,) it still won't work because hurr-durr no drivers.

I don't know if you're just seriously delusional, but I just proved to you that fake gtx 1060 pictured you proved is an actual 1070, and that nVidia said no SLI support for 1060.

6 minutes ago, Supermangik said:

... Are you joking me? Are you some sort of delusional nVidia fan boy? 

Ladies and gentlemen, to make this clear to everyone who reads this. NVidia does not support SLI for Gtx 1060. That means, there will be no drivers that will make your x2 1060 work. Even if developers made it compatible (even when NVidia said no,) it still won't work because hurr-durr no drivers.

I don't know if you're just seriously delusional, but I just proved to you that fake gtx 1060 pictured you proved is an actual 1070, and that nVidia said no SLI support for 1060.

Son, I've spent more on Radeon cards than you have before you even knew what a discrete graphics card was. Please, for the love of all things re read my posts. I have been very specific as to when SLI will work with the 1060 and will not be goated into repeating it. Take your anger to another forum, if that's what you want. Here we discuss things.

8 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

SLI and crossfire on budget cards is a waste. why spend $500+ USD on two cards that most of the time won't scale well at all, or even drop performance? If you are buying a 1440p display, you got money enough to buy a single 1440p card that performs well on all titles equally.

I hate to inform you, but the gtx 1060 is not a 144p card, it's a 1080 card. A 144p card will be your gtx 1070, and nVidia is not about to cut their gtx 1070 by making a cheaper version for a lesser price. And given if the leaks for the 1060 were true, the 1060 performs a little lesser or about as a 980. It's another 1080p gaming card. If you don't feel the need that CF or SLI is useful, then by all means, get a 980, it'll only be $10 - $20 more and it has the option of SLI for future Dx12 usage.

If you think settling for a 1060 for lesser $20 is worth it, be my guest. And also, your post has nothing to do with what I quoted you on about that fake gtx 1060, so please don't quote me on something, and go off topic about how you "feel" about CF and SLI. This topic is about how the gtx 1060 doesn't fit a particular role very well, because you can either skip it for a 980 ti, or just go straight into a 1070.

This has nothing to do with fanboy AMD, or any sort. It has everything to do with nVidia just money gibbing consumers for a card that really won't see a future. When Dx12 rolls out with SLI / CF multi adaption, where is the 1060 going to fit in? It won't. I'm sorry bud, but I believe you should spend $20 more dollars to get a 980 ti.

2 minutes ago, Supermangik said:

I hate to inform you, but the gtx 1060 is not a 144p card, it's a 1080 card.

exactly, same with the 480. in fact they are overkill for 1080p.

If you are buying a 1440p display, you have the money for a 1440p card. doubling up two 480's or two 1060's instead is complete nonsense and burning money. Hence why it's a non-issue whether the 1060 supports SLI or not. If that's the only issue you have with the 1060, are you planning to crossfire 480's, and for what practical reason?

also, learn to control yourself.

13 minutes ago, App4that said:

Son, I've spent more on Radeon cards than you have before you even knew what a discrete graphics card was. Please, for the love of all things re read my posts. I have been very specific as to when SLI will work with the 1060 and will not be goated into repeating it. Take your anger to another forum, if that's what you want. Here we discuss things.

Anger? You went to all my threads quoting the same bs, same unreliable source, fake pictures, and calling me a "newbie," and that I should reeducated myself. I gave you plenty resources to check your source, and showed you that it is a 1070. I think the only person here who got some real issues, is you. That being said, you can move along, because this will be the last post I respond to you with. You want real insight, just PM me. Other than that, peace.

*Words of wisdom*

Don't reason with an ____.

7 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

exactly, same with the 480. in fact they are overkill for 1080p.

If you are buying a 1440p display, you have the money for a 1440p card. doubling up two 480's or two 1060's instead is complete nonsense and burning money. Hence why it's a non-issue whether the 1060 supports SLI or not. If that's the only issue you have with the 1060, are you planning to crossfire 480's, and for what practical reason?

also, learn to control yourself.

"Control myself..." I giggled. Ignorant is bliss, and so are hypocrites who can't seem to understand their own manners. Ignored.

7 minutes ago, Supermangik said:

Anger? You went to all my threads quoting the same bs, same unreliable source, fake pictures, and calling me a "newbie," and that I should reeducated myself. I gave you plenty resources to check your source, and showed you that it is a 1070. I think the only person here who got some real issues, is you. That being said, you can move along, because this will be the last post I respond to you with. You want real insight, just PM me. Other than that, peace.

*Words of wisdom*

Don't argue with an ____.

Incoming PM, but to clear the air here.

The 1060, notice the single 8 pin connector.

http://wccftech.com/inno3d-reveals-two-non-reference-gtx-1060-gpus/

The 1070 notice the 8+6 power connector.

http://www.eteknix.com/inno3d-gtx-1070-ichill-series-pictured/

1 minute ago, Supermangik said:

"Control myself..." I giggled. Ignorant is bliss, and so are hypocrites who can't seem to understand their own manners. Ignored.

You created a thread with a toxic title, and proceed to tantrum throughout at anyone that disagrees. xD

5 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

You created a thread with a toxic title, and proceed to tantrum throughout at anyone that disagrees. xD

The title isn't toxic, because it's my opinion. The same way you're opinion you been spitting at the thread and I haven't even answered any of it. I left it as it is, until you called out a fake picture that I had to correct you. Then I get called, "the angry one, throwing a tantrum," clearly you're mistaken and have a real bad habit. I suggest you leave, and calm yourself, and quit quoting me. You can disagree all you like, I don't care. Doesn't prove that paying $20 more for a 980 ti isn't worth it, because it is.

Why pay the amount for a 1060, when you can get same/better performance out of a 980 ti? And please, don't post that fake SLI 1060 photo again, and don't sit here spouting insults when you can't handle that you're wrong about the 1060 getting SLI support. Now, when you want to have a more mature discussion, be my guest. If not, ignored.

11 minutes ago, App4that said:

Incoming PM, but to clear the air here.

The 1060, notice the single 8 pin connector.

http://wccftech.com/inno3d-reveals-two-non-reference-gtx-1060-gpus/

The 1070 notice the 8+6 power connector.

http://www.eteknix.com/inno3d-gtx-1070-ichill-series-pictured/

yeah, pretty much confirms it. one of those links opened funny so i found another picture.

maxresdefault.jpg

Inno3D-GTX-1060-iChill-X3-8.jpg

definitely not the same card.