QoS for horrible internet

Jerochy

Hey guys,

to start this off, I'm a bit of a networking novice so sorry if there is excessive amounts of censorship going on in the screenshots.

Basically, I have some horrible internet at my house that my parents pay 15 bucks a month on. Getting better internet is not an option for them because they got some kinda lifetime deal that they think is the best thing ever. So I get around 120 MB/s down at best. When no one else is home and nothing is downloading in the background, playing games online is no problem. My ping usually hangs around 50 and everything is good. The second my GF comes over or someone hops on facebook, my ping goes through the roof which is completely understandable.

I was looking into my works router settings yesterday and saw that I was able to make the computer I was on "priority 1." My friend explained that basically, it would always have the needs of that computer met way before anyone else's. I came home this morning and looked into my settings and saw I have similar options. I tried out the "gamer" option as shown in the screen shot, and the ping is slightly better when streaming netflix, but no quite playable yet. From my experience, I don't think games require that much bandwidth as my little brother and I always used to play online at the same time with no problems. 

I'm just here to ask what options I should pick in order to reserve around 40KB/s for my online gaming, and leave the rest for whoever else. 

Thanks in advance for the help guys.

c1.PNG

c2.PNG

c3.PNG

i'd go with Priority by host give your pc a static ip address and set your pc a the priority host