Can somebody evaluate my build?

Hello everyone, new guy here.. I started to look up Linustechtips little time ago to get my mind around my new build I made..

I hope I got some good stuff, but not being in the circle of tech people, I'm not totally sure..

My humble, but stubborn person decided to ask for a little reassurance from the good guys on the internet..

I wanted to get together a reasonable 50/50 "gaming & fooling around the internet" machine for the money I got, 800€ (900$ approximately)

Without saying anything more here it is:

CASE - Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus

MOBO -  AsRock H170 Pro4 Socket 1151 DDR4 SATA3 USB3.0 ATX

CPU -  Intel Core i5-6500 Skylake 3.2GHz 6MB Socket 1151 65W con GPU HD Graphics 530 Boxed

HEATSINK -  Arctic Freezer i32 120mm Socket Intel 2011(v3)/1150/1151/1155/1156

RAM -  DDR4 Kingston Technology HyperX FURY Kit of 2 2133MHz 8GB 2x4GB CL14

GPU -  MSI nVidia GTX 960 GAMING 4G Core 1241MHz / 1304MHz Memory GDDR5 4GB HDMI DP

PSU -  Corsair CX500M 500W 80+ Bronze ATX

BOOT DISK -  Samsung SSD 750 EVO 2.5" 250GB Lettura 540MB/s Scrittura 520MB/s SATA3

STORAGE DISK -  Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 7200RPM 64MB SATA3

(Plus a couple of fans to replace the old ones in the build living in the same case)

Be honest with me, If it's not that bad, I'll live with it, BUT, if something had to be replaced, tell me PLEASE.. 9_9

Thank you in advance..

PizzaGuy from Italy

Welcome to the forums.

Please do not get a GTX 960 when the RX 480 exists. Also, that PSU is mediocre at best, a Seasonic S12ii 520W or XFX TS 550W would be good (anything over 550W is unnecessary)

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

The GPU,get a r9 380,390 or RX 480 but depends on the prices in Italy

HISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

i7 2700k 4.5GHz / Cooler Master Nepton 240mm / Asus Sabertooth Z77 / HyperX Savage 32gb / EVGA GTX TITAN SUPERCLOCKED SIGNATURE

The CPU cooler is unnecessary since you won't be overclocking with that chip and the stock cooler is sufficient. The power supply is low quality. Get anything in the XFX line except for the XT. An RX 480 would also at least 60% faster than a 960. If you don't want to wait until stock is available, the R9 380 and 380x are also faster for about the same price. You could also probably downgrade the motherboard to a B150 chipset or even H110 if this is purely a rig for gaming.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

You don't need an aftermarket heatsink with a locked CPU unless it's an appearance or noise thing (buy a better one if it's noise). That GPU...yeah, no. No reason to buy a 960 now with the RX 480 out there. Even a 380 or 380X would be better. You don't need an H170 chipset, but having a nicer motherboard isn't always a bad thing.

Contrary to popular opinion, the Corsair CXM is a decent PSU. The CX series (no M) is the one that sucks.

I enjoy buying junk and sinking more money than it's worth into it to make it less junk.

Also, why that case? Is the selection in your country not good? There are much better and modern cases to choose from these days. Are getting it because it's cheap?

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

2 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

Contrary to popular opinion, the Corsair CXM is a decent PSU. The CX series (no M) is the one that sucks.

Really, people dislike the CXM line? That's the first time I hear about that.
It received ridiculous amounts of praise for being one of the first affordable yet decent (semi-)modular PSU's when it was released. When did the vox populi turn against it?

15 minutes ago, Klasta said:

Really, people dislike the CXM line? That's the first time I hear about that.
It received ridiculous amounts of praise for being one of the first affordable yet decent (semi-)modular PSU's when it was released. When did the vox populi turn against it?

The CX was poorly built and only rated to 30C. The CXM atones for its sins. 

I enjoy buying junk and sinking more money than it's worth into it to make it less junk.

Just a video I found...Good thing you got CXM instead of CX

8 hours ago, ItalianPizzaGuy said:

~snip~

Hi there :) Welcome to the LTT community! 

What specific game ans what settings are you after? 

The plan looks generally good and the guys gave you some excellent suggestions to how to even improve it further.

My two cents are that you can go for a single 8GB memory stick as you are not very likely to notice the performance difference and it can be more budget-friendly and give you more room for upgrades down the road. 

Also, if you are reusing the SSD or the HDD, make sure to check their health before you trust the data from the new build to them. Post back if you want tips on this! 

You don't really need the additional CPU cooler since neither the motherboard nor the CPU give you the opportunity to overclock it and the stock cooler can easily handle the CPU at stock speeds. :)

Post back if you have any questions! 

Captain_WD. 

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/ 

Don't get a Samsung 850 Evo. The PNY CS2211 costs less and performs about the same. 

if (you want to reply) {

USE THE QUOTE BUTTON 

}

else {

DONT

}