How do I assign a controller key to start my PC

RADEON_GUY

So I am planning on building a mid range gaming pc for my living room and I would want to assign a key on my controller to start my PC. Would that be possible?

I want to know this too.

Ryzen 5 1600 - GTX 980 Ti - Broke.

2 minutes ago, refinedskillz said:

I want to know this too.

And me. I don't think you can, as the power button is done in hardware.

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Core i7-4770, Cryorig M9i Cooler, ASUS B85M GAMER, 8GB HyperX Fury Red 2x4GB 1866MHz, KFA2 GTX 970 Infin8 Black Edition "4GB", 1TB Seagate SSHD, 256GB Crucial m4 SSD, 60GB Corsair SSD for Kerbal and game servers, Thermaltake Core V21 Case, EVGA SuperNOVA 650W G2.

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

i5-2500k OCed, Raijintek Themis, Intel Z77GA-70K, 8GB HyperX Genesis in grey, GTX 750 Ti, Gamemax Falcon case.

Perhaps this steam community discussion will help: https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/11/540744936965916161/#c458604254438825681

I know this is a pretty old discussion but I have figured it out with the xbox one wireless controller and official adapter. it should work on any wireless receiver hopefully. here's what I did

1) plug in the receiver into a USB 3.0 port, not 2.0
2) go to device management and make sure that any thing pertaining to the receiver or controller itself has the option to wake the system from sleep. if it doesn't have the option, don't worry as long as you let the adapter and xinput wake. I didn't have the option when in the usb human interface input selected (says on xbox wireless adapter in general info)

here is my reasoning. it could be my motherboard but most should be able to charge from usb 3.0 while asleep. there is power going into the adapter since usb 3.0 should have power going to it at all times. I was able to put my pc to sleep twice making sure all my peripherals were turned off and I pressed the central xbox button and my pc woke up as I hoped. this will not do it from the off state however since I haven't tested it but I seriously doubt it would work. hope this helps!

I don't think you can have it boot from an turned off state unless you modify your controller in some way.

2 minutes ago, Codingale said:

Perhaps this steam community discussion will help: https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/11/540744936965916161/#c458604254438825681

I don't think you can have it boot from an turned off state unless you modify your controller in some way.

Apparently you can turn it on from sleep. I think that should do. I never turn off my PC anyway (unless I have to restart it for updates). I always put it in sleep mode.

If you can have your keyboard wake your computer up, why not a controller?

1 minute ago, mcfly said:

If you can have your keyboard wake your computer up, why not a controller?

Except you can't. Unless it's in sleep mode.

1 minute ago, RADEON_GUY said:

Except you can't. Unless it's in sleep mode.

That's what i meant. I don't know of any simple way of changing the buttons to turn the PC on from a cold start. That's a hardware issue at heart.

Why would you need to be shutting down your PC?