What is up with the paintwork on my case?

Dylan9889

I have attached a picture and I am wonder what the hell is up with the finish of my case. It's a corsair 750d, about 2 years old. It's not dirt as I tried cleaning it and it stays the same. Only recently noticed this as it has been sitting on the floor.

image.jpeg

Did someone steam clean your carpet or something?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

It doesn't come off, even if you try cleaning it with alcohol?

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

Your case thinks it's a chamaeleon and it has taken it 2 years to start showing the change.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

That looks very much like something sprayed on your case.

Carpet cleaning chemicals?

Spilt soda on the carpet then when you run the vacuum over that bit...?

Air freshener usually sprays into the air and evapourates but sometimes it lands on surfaces as a fine set of droplets ?

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

2 hours ago, Enderman said:

Did someone steam clean your carpet or something?

It's on wooden floor so deffs not that xD

2 hours ago, DevilishBooster said:

It doesn't come off, even if you try cleaning it with alcohol?

Yea I tried that and it didn't do anything :(

1 hour ago, soup said:

That looks very much like something sprayed on your case.

Carpet cleaning chemicals?

Spilt soda on the carpet then when you run the vacuum over that bit...?

Air freshener usually sprays into the air and evapourates but sometimes it lands on surfaces as a fine set of droplets ?

It was definitely not carpet cleaners, I have no Idea what could have caused this as I'm very careful about what goes near my pc.

4 minutes ago, Dylan9889 said:

It was definitely not carpet cleaners, I have no Idea what could have caused this as I'm very careful about what goes near my pc.

To me it looks like some "water spot" mineral deposits that are left over when hard water air dries on a surface, but if rubbing alcohol doesn't remove it I'm not sure what it could be. You don't happen to have a cat or dog that might have peed on the floor or on something sitting on the floor near the case, do you? Because maybe the ammonia in the urine could do that? (Idk though, I'm just spitballin' ideas....)

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

21 minutes ago, Dylan9889 said:

Well in the picture that definitely doesn't look like a wood floor...

I've had steam/carpet cleaners to that to the paint on some metal table legs.

It doesn't look like a problem with the paint itself, something definitely got on your case :/

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 hour ago, Enderman said:

Supposition:-

He's put the case up on a worksurface (granite or granite effect) to be able to take piccys better

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

2 hours ago, DevilishBooster said:

To me it looks like some "water spot" mineral deposits that are left over when hard water air dries on a surface, but if rubbing alcohol doesn't remove it I'm not sure what it could be. You don't happen to have a cat or dog that might have peed on the floor or on something sitting on the floor near the case, do you? Because maybe the ammonia in the urine could do that? (Idk though, I'm just spitballin' ideas....)

I do have a dog, don't think he had anything to do with it as I would have noticed.. very confused tbh

2 hours ago, Enderman said:

I've had steam/carpet cleaners to that to the paint on some metal table legs.

It doesn't look like a problem with the paint itself, something definitely got on your case :/

Yea, that's what I'm thinking. If I rub my hand over it there's no difference in the feeling of the paint work, something has caused it somewhere down the line just not sure what :/