What The Bloody Hell???

LimeBlasts

hey so today i was playing my favorite game alien isolation i was at the part where press the lever 3 times by taping a extremely rapidly to test my speed all the sudden the game pauses and when i press resume game or b it goes to a black screen for a split second then goes back to the previous screen i press quit to main menu log back on still the same screen i even tried restarting the console O_O???????????????????????????????????????????

10 minutes ago, LimeBlasts said:

hey so today i was playing my favorite game alien isolation i was at the part where press the lever 3 times by taping a extremely rapidly to test my speed all the sudden the game pauses and when i press resume game or b it goes to a black screen for a split second then goes back to the previous screen i press quit to main menu log back on still the same screen i even tried restarting the console O_O???????????????????????????????????????????

*looks at section*

"console gaming"

thats why. maybe it wasnt able to keep up so it paused lol.

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

9 minutes ago, LimeBlasts said:

Just to troll a little.

Hey,

so today I was playing my favorite game, Alien Isolation.
I was at the part where [it says] "Press the lever 3 times by taping A extremly rapidly."
To test my speed, all the sudden the game pauses and when I press resume game or B it goes to black screen for a split second, 
then goes back to the previous screen.
I pressed quit to main menu, logged back in and it showed the same screen again?
I even tried restarting the console.

Did I translate that right?

Anyway, sounds like a bug or something. Alien Isolation uses save points as far as I remember so can you try loading an older save?
Maybe your most recent one got corrupted.

-___- no matter WHAT i do 

8 minutes ago, staubgame said:

Just to troll a little.

Hey,

so today I was playing my favorite game, Alien Isolation.
I was at the part where [it says] "Press the lever 3 times by taping A extremly rapidly."
To test my speed, all the sudden the game pauses and when I press resume game or B it goes to black screen for a split second, 
then goes back to the previous screen.
I pressed quit to main menu, logged back in and it showed the same screen again?
I even tried restarting the console.

Did I translate that right?

Anyway, sounds like a bug or something. Alien Isolation uses save points as far as I remember so can you try loading an older save?
Maybe your most recent one got corrupted.

1 minute ago, LimeBlasts said:

-___- no matter WHAT i do it doesn't work

2 minutes ago, LimeBlasts said:

-___- no matter WHAT i do it doesn't work

Did you try loading a different game?

I'm just curiously poking in the dark btw. I like console gaming but I don't own any console. :P (But I like sitting with my controller on my couch so I get the idea)

1 minute ago, staubgame said:

Did you try loading a different game?

I'm just curiously poking in the dark btw. I like console gaming but I don't own any console. :P (But I like sitting with my controller on my couch so I get the idea)

yes i ddi which to my luck is not doing the same thing maybe i need a new disc

42 minutes ago, LimeBlasts said:

yes i ddi which to my luck is not doing the same thing maybe i need a new disc

I don't own a current console since I'm a PC gamer, though I do have a PS2, PSX and Wii somewhere in storage...

Anyways, the only assumptions I can make is that
- It's a bug in the game (probably the most likely) 
- The disk could potentially be damaged, but then again since I don't own a modern console I'm not even sure if games depend on disks anymore...
- The console/hard drive has a fault (unlikely)

What you can do about it?
Nothing really, aside from potentially buying another disk (which may be pointless if the game is hard drive reliant, and/or if its a game bug).
My suggestion would be moving to PC gaming ;)

2 minutes ago, Crashbash111 said:

- The disk could potentially be damaged, but then again since I don't own a modern console I'm not even sure if games depend on disks anymore...

1 hour ago, staubgame said:

...can you try loading an older save? Maybe your most recent one got corrupted.

Actually after rereading the thread, a corrupt save is just as likely as @staubgame mentioned earlier.

1 hour ago, Crashbash111 said:

I don't own a current console since I'm a PC gamer, though I do have a PS2, PSX and Wii somewhere in storage...

What you can do about it?
Nothing really, aside from potentially buying another disk (which may be pointless if the game is hard drive reliant, and/or if its a game bug).
My suggestion would be moving to PC gaming ;)

thought i was the only one that was console and pc xD

3 minutes ago, LimeBlasts said:

thought i was the only one that was console and pc xD

lots of us own consoles

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

On 13.7.2016 at 8:19 PM, LimeBlasts said:

okay its fixed sorry for wasting your time.

Gonna pull that back up, any idea what caused the problem?

Just curious... :)

On 7/15/2016 at 0:12 PM, staubgame said:

Gonna pull that back up, any idea what caused the problem?

Just curious... :)

none just happens sometimes doesn't matter anymore just finished the game xD