How to regulate fan speed ?

mikestechs

Hello guys, how can i regulate fans speed without tuning my PC into BIOS setup? Is there any program for it? 

I suck a typing, preparw for typos.

Desktop

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x MOBO: MSI X570-A Pro RAM: 32 GB Corsair DDR4

GPUS: Gigabyte GTX 1660ti OC 6G  CASE: Corsair Carbide 100R STORAGE: Samsung Evo 960 500GB, Crucial P1 M.2 NVME 1TB   PSU: Corsair CX550M CPU COOLER: Corsair H100x

LAPTOP

Apple Macbook Pro 13 M1 Pro

use speedfan. make sure you go into settings and set each fan to manual mode, so they can be controlled through software 

Depends what fans you mean, if you're thinking about the case fans you'll have a hard time regulating them. Not sure if its even possible without some form of fan controller. CPU and GPU fans have software you can download and set up fan profiles and such. For GPU you have the most common being Afterburner. For your cpu I'd download something from the cooler's brand.

I once explained to my girlfriend what true love is. I said, "If you were a shit, I'd put you back in" and to this day, she is still my little shit. 

I tried following Jayz vid but it has totally different options for me, I haven't worked out how to get it to apply my manual speeds as soon as windows start up yet.

DISPLAYS: LG 27UL500 IPS 4k60hz + HDR and LG 27GL650F IPS 1080p 144hz + HDR

LAPTOP: Lenovo Legion 5 CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800H GPU: RTX 3070 8GB RAM: 16GB 3200MHz (2x8GB DDR4) STORAGE: 1TB Crucial P5 NVMe SSD + 2TB Samsung 970 evo plus NVMe SSD DISPLAY: 1080p 165hz IPS OS: Windows 10 Pro x64

SpeedFan is nice IF it works, but as in the video mentioned @9:02 Jayz MB doesn't allow to control the CPU fan. Sometimes the fans are also not recognized at all (I had this Problem on an old PC), in this case you have to try another software (your MB probably provides one on the driver CD/download page) or you have to use a hardware solution. This can be some cheap controller with turn knobs or something more advanced with LCD touch screen.

3 hours ago, mikestechs said:

Hello guys, how can i regulate fans speed without tuning my PC into BIOS setup? Is there any program for it? 

Idk about programs for fans but if you'd be ok getting a fan controller assuming there's a 5.25inch bay in your tower available to put it in you could get this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KJGYLNM/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_28?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

A program might be cheaper or free but this controller works great and in my opinion looks cool too.  This will let you control up to 5 fans and you can group some or all of them together so you don't have to adjust each fan individually unless you'd want to.  I think it's meant for case fans only not the CPU fans/cooler though but those you want to leave plugged into the motherboard I'd think anyway.

You can turn the screen off when you're not using it if you'd want to as well.  Again idk if this is what you're looking for but I wanted to mention it since I have one and really like it.

Whatever you mobo has, Speedfan or hardware based (NZXT Grid+ and CAM or Corsair Commander Mini and Link).

3 hours ago, Clonzoo said:

Depends what fans you mean, if you're thinking about the case fans you'll have a hard time regulating them. Not sure if its even possible without some form of fan controller. CPU and GPU fans have software you can download and set up fan profiles and such. For GPU you have the most common being Afterburner. For your cpu I'd download something from the cooler's brand.

All case fans can be controller. Matter of how depends much on mobos support for controlling. CPU fans actually fall under case fans since they use same methods. Difference being that CPU fans almost always are PWM capable and also have by default some sort of curve to follow. Cooler brands don't make software for controlling CPU fans. AIOs with USB being exception (Link already mentioned earlier).

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

16 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Whatever you mobo has, Speedfan or hardware based (NZXT Grid+ and CAM or Corsair Commander Mini and Link).

All case fans can be controller. Matter of how depends much on mobos support for controlling. CPU fans actually fall under case fans since they use same methods. Difference being that CPU fans almost always are PWM capable and also have by default some sort of curve to follow. Cooler brands don't make software for controlling CPU fans. AIOs with USB being exception (Link already mentioned earlier).

Well, the more you know I guess. Thanks for correcting me.

I once explained to my girlfriend what true love is. I said, "If you were a shit, I'd put you back in" and to this day, she is still my little shit.