Upgrading to Win10 Error

Go to solution Solved by PalladianPD,

It has registered your hardware on Microsoft's activation servers, so when you connect to the internet it will activate.

Download it from Microsoft and use Rufus (just make sure you set the partition scheme to GPT or MBR for UEFI) or Microsoft's USB creation tool.

I need help upgrading my PC from windows 7 to windows 10. 

The problem: 

Every time i try to upgrade to windows 10 i get error code 8007002C-4000D 

This happens when i try to upgrade to windows 10, it starts to upgrade and shows the upgrading screen but it gets to 93% and then states "Restoring to previous windows" (windows 7)

Solutions i have tried but have failed:

1). Making sure every driver is up to date, installing all the windows updates available (meaning i keep going back to check for windows updates until it cant find any) 

2). Deactivate avast and try upgrading offline (no internet)

3). Installing 3rd party software that others claim has helped such as Reimage repair

4). Checking windows 10 compatibility (it is)

5). Calling microsoft support, they weren't helpful since its a custom build.

Things to be noted: 

- I have already had windows 10 previously on my PC, however i had some issues with installing the new nvidia driver (...69) for my gtx 970. 

- Drivers were unsuccessful in installing and one thing led to another so i decided to factory reset my PC and now im back at windows 7. 

I could really use some help with this issue since i only have until the 29 to upgrade for free. 

Anyone have nay suggestions?

I think you forgot to write what the problem is...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

3 minutes ago, Adelgaard said:

There is no problem? ;)

Seems like it. Can someone close this one?

5 minutes ago, Wouterrinos said:

Seems like it. Can someone close this one?

Got it please look again thank you

8 minutes ago, Adelgaard said:

There is no problem? ;)

fixed it please look again thank you

12 minutes ago, Enderman said:

I think you forgot to write what the problem is...

fixed it please look again thankyou

2 minutes ago, Teddy07 said:

I made a 2 second google search:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_install/windows-10-update-error-8007002c-4000d/0d62ed4b-0cca-4ef6-a23b-bea76f00ea82?auth=1

First post should help because he had the same problem and solved it....

Yes i saw this solution as well but i did not know how to " Stop Windows update service (services.msc)"  how do i do that?

5 minutes ago, Armand0 said:

Got it please look again thank you

Hey, I'm just joking. Nobody closes anything as far as I know ;) 

8 minutes ago, Armand0 said:

fixed it please look again thankyou

This will fix it:

http://www.howtogeek.com/224342/how-to-clean-install-windows-10/

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

9 minutes ago, Wouterrinos said:

14 minutes ago, Teddy07 said:

I made a 2 second google search:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_install/windows-10-update-error-8007002c-4000d/0d62ed4b-0cca-4ef6-a23b-bea76f00ea82?auth=1

First post should help because he had the same problem and solved it....

If this works do i have to re-enable  services.msc  ?

2 minutes ago, Armand0 said:

If this works do i have to enable  services.msc  ?

I wouldn't know for sure, but if it doens't hurt the PC just put it back where it was.

This solution did not help. It says the same thing :(

Do a clean install. It will save you so much time it's not funny. You should get an activation with a digital entitlement.

1 minute ago, PalladianPD said:

Do a clean install. It will save you so much time it's not funny. You should get an activation with a digital entitlement.

This is already a clean install of windows 7, I'm trying to upgrade to windows 10

2 minutes ago, PalladianPD said:

Can you do a clean install of Windows 10?

I'm trying to take advantage of the free upgrade, so i don't have to buy it 

I thought you said you had Windows 10 installed previously?

I did, i upgraded a while back to windows 10, then the driver issue happened and i did a factory reset so now i'm back on windows 7 because i did not have an activation code for windows 10.

OK that's no problem, just install the version of windows 10 that you upgraded to (home/pro) and it will figure out that you are entitled to a license and activate automatically.

OK that's no problem, just install the version of windows 10 that you upgraded to (home/pro) and it will figure out that you are entitled to a license and activate automatically.

Really? i did not know that! How do install the windows 10 files? Since it was a download from the upgrade program i never thought about making a copy, and what do i do to activate it? or will it do it by it self?