BitFenix Prodigy vs. Prodigy M

Go to solution Solved by SecretImbecile,

It seems in the UK at least that there's very little price difference between mITX and µATX on 1150, so Unless you think you'll need the expandability (and given how well featured mITX boards are these days, that's likely limited to SLI/dedicated sound) I'd go for the mITX prodigy. It'll likely be easier to deal with the cables and get a decent looking result, given the compartmentalised design.

And just to double check, have you given any thought to the Bitfenix Phenom? It's essentially the same case with a more subtle design, and is worth a look if you haven't already.

With the newly released and slightly improved BitFenix Prodigy M out and about, I am indecisive about whether to get the mITX or the mATX variant.

I am expecting to build a new gaming/editing system, and chose the Asus Z87I-PRO motherboard (DELUXE has wireless AC, I don't think that was approved in Europe), and was wondering what the benefits would be to build in the mATX case, even though I'm not using and mATX board.

[spoiler Reasoning:]

I chose the Z87I-PRO because it has a beefy VRM, lots of I/O, gigabit ethernet, supports 16GB RAM, has integrated Wireless, 6 SATA III ports, 4x 4-pin fan connectors, USB 3.0, BIOS flashback, 3 video connectors and a great aesthetic and small-form factor overall. Also, I do not plan on using SLI or XFIRE, also I have headphones with an integrated sound card (Logitech G35).

Extra Q: Is there any mATX board which suits my requirements? Like I said before, no need for extra PCI-E slots or integrated audio but maybe it's cheaper?

Just learned to use the spoiler tag. The more you know.

Edited by JMaio

well having a M-ATX motherboard means more expandibilty. So later on you could add a new GPU, more I/O, and soundcards.

Quote me to get a reply!

It seems in the UK at least that there's very little price difference between mITX and µATX on 1150, so Unless you think you'll need the expandability (and given how well featured mITX boards are these days, that's likely limited to SLI/dedicated sound) I'd go for the mITX prodigy. It'll likely be easier to deal with the cables and get a decent looking result, given the compartmentalised design.

And just to double check, have you given any thought to the Bitfenix Phenom? It's essentially the same case with a more subtle design, and is worth a look if you haven't already.