Monitor and Adapter Problem for Pros

Umare

Hello,

I am having a problem with my monitor, the Acer Predator GN246HLBbid.

But let's start a the beginning of my problem, I have used the monitor for a long time, since now I used him via the dual link DVI D cable that came with my monitor. But now I bought myself a new graphics card which does not have a DVI port, so I need to use a adapter. (btw. it's the rx 480 :D) But if I use a HDMI to DVI D dual link, this works so far without any problem, if I only run the screen an 60hz. But if I turn 144hz (or generally st. over 60hz) there appears a error message, which tells me that I should use the dual link DVI D cable that came with my monitor. But even though there appears the error, the screen shows the correct picture at 144hz. (you can see it) The acer support only told me that the the monitor notices the adapter and sends the error message to prevent some compatibility problems even though everything works great. (thanks, I knew this before) 

Also they told me to try other adapters. But after I asked them for some adapter specs, for which I could search (I can't try random adapters) they just told me, that there is noting known about this.

Because of this, I am now asking here, if there is someone who is very good with solving these problems and who is able to tell me either how to disable the error message (because this is the only problem) or who is able to tell me any adapter which works with my monitor.

As ports I do only have HDMI or displayport available.

Thanks in advance for reading this text wall and sorry for my englisch, I am German. 

Here are the links for monitor and adapter as well as the original error message:

monitor: https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00IG0Z0HY/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

adapter: https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B014I8UU2W/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

error message: 
Incorrect cable.
Please use the dual link DVI cable that came with your monitor.

DVI or DVI D cant support 144Hz only 60Hz 

HISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

i7 2700k 4.5GHz / Cooler Master Nepton 240mm / Asus Sabertooth Z77 / HyperX Savage 32gb / EVGA GTX TITAN SUPERCLOCKED SIGNATURE

5 hours ago, LizardsAreOP said:

DVI or DVI D cant support 144Hz only 60Hz 

DVI D dual link can support 144hz!!!!

I was using it for quite an half year!

5 hours ago, huilun02 said:

This is your only hope

Displayport to DVI Dual Link Active converter

Link signal type of your monitor? I don't know.

Thanks I will try this one, after the one, I ordered yesterday.

7 minutes ago, Umare said:

DVI D dual link can support 144hz!!!!

I was using it for quite an half year!

Ok

HISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

i7 2700k 4.5GHz / Cooler Master Nepton 240mm / Asus Sabertooth Z77 / HyperX Savage 32gb / EVGA GTX TITAN SUPERCLOCKED SIGNATURE