980 Ti Hybrid Vs Regular 1070

Lynks

Hello, just have a quick question for everyone. Which one is better? A hybrid 980Ti or a regular gtx 1070? Which one would preform better?

If you overclocked both, I'd say the GTX 980Ti in terms of performance and temperatures.

The GTX 1070 will consume less power, have an extra 2GB of VRAM (not that important), be better at VR and will have better driver support if NVIDIA pulls a Kepler vs. Maxwell again.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

5 minutes ago, Lynks said:

Hello, just have a quick question for everyone. Which one is better? A hybrid 980Ti or a regular gtx 1070? Which one would preform better?

They're very similar cards performance wise. I'd personally take the 980ti hybrid, it's probably gonna overclock a lot better than the 1070, plus, it looks amazing.

Thanks

- Robbivip

tomb raider just got async patch, doesn't support maxwell

980ti is faster right now but it's up to nVidia if it stays like that...

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

I would recommend the 1070. Right now at this moment, a good 980ti can overclock better which leads to a couple fps better than the 1070 (and I really do mean like 2 or 3). but as drivers and such get better for the 1070, it will pull ahead. not to mention that even if that didn't happen, it comes with 33% more VRAM, and (typically) consumes far less power; those 2 points alone make it a better long term investment than the 980ti. You're not going to notice the performance difference between the two anyway.

Only 13 games out of ALL the games out now support DX12. By the time DX12 is mainstream there will be something that kills the current AMD cards at DX12... guys... this happens everytime. Remember the first DX 11 GPU's... omg they were horrible. They still did DX10 very well... this reminds me of that.

When DX12 is boss, you're going to have new, shiny, even better GPU's out there that make the RX 480 cards look silly.

Look at this...  Makes me laugh so hard.

Coming from AMD/ATi back in the day. They also had the first DX 11 cards before Nvidia.

Just like AMD has the better DX12 cards now. But just wait....

• We’ll see higher frame rates because the way DirectX 11 uses CPUs will be more efficient.
  • We’ll see higher frame rates because games developers will be able to use our GPUs more like CPUs.
  • We’ll see smoother, more realistic characters and more realistic terrain as we move away from blocky polygonal representations to the kind that are used in movies.
  • And a side-benefit, that will help PC gaming generally, is that the new version is easier to use, so it will help to keep game development costs down.

Just made me laugh. Higher frame rates in DX 11 vs 10... really... LOL Did that actually happen or did GPU's just get better...???

I'd suggest whichever one you can get cheaper, but if you're willing to tinker around a little and put some big overclocks, I'd pick the GTX 980Ti.

1 hour ago, alphaproject said:

snip

OP was asking about 980Ti and 1070. Why suddenly the rant of DX11 & DX12 & RX 480??

Just replying about this...

"tomb raider just got async patch, doesn't support maxwell

980ti is faster right now but it's up to nVidia if it stays like that..."

980 Ti hybrid is still nasty. 1070 is a beast too. Both great cards.

Maybe wait till the 1080 Ti comes out... who knows. Same questions asked over and over, ya know.