LG PF1000U Ultra Short Throw Projector Giveaway

8 hours ago, CPotter said:

To coincide with tonight's video release, LG has given us two units of their PF1000U Short Throw Projectors to giveaway! This will be a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, see below for entry details.

PF1000U

Purchase Link: http://bit.ly/29tAdg7

To enter the giveaway:

1. Comment below, tell us your thoughts about the PF1000U projector.

2. Go say hello and give LG a follow over on Twitter: https://twitter.com/LGUS

*Entries close on 7/16/2016. 

The winner will be announced randomly, and you'll see their names edited into the bottom of this post. I will also DM the winners, and they'll have 72 hours to respond.

Thanks Everyone! :) Good Luck!

My family and I would play rocket league  on this projector for months!

The size to distance ratio is insane on this, would love to get my hands on one!

I think it's a very practical way to enter the world of projectors because you don't have to mount it on the opposite wall and i would love to game and watch movies with it.

Looks good and compact. It will be very useful for my makerspace for the common workspace area and it can be easily transported and set up for events outside the makerspace. I am thinking of buying it for the makerspace.

2GTech Maker Hub
Youtube||Facebook||Twitter

It's versatile, its 3D capable, its amazing!

It's all in a ULTRA Short throw projector, And can you believe it, It's By LG!

What could a 10 year old boy ask for!

Short throw projectors like this always interested me, but I hadn't really considered their portable application before this video. It does seem like the perfect unit to bring to a party where you could just quickly set it up on a table or floor near a wall and get a large screen for movies or games without too much hassle and in limited space.

I do hope lg includes a good cleaning cloth as that mirror looks like it could get quite dusty when not mounted upside down.

Just in time to replace my old tv... The short throw thing will be perfect for my small room

i've seen this kind of small projector but not this one that has cool sharp resolution and more wider range.

4 thumbs up for LG

Edited by G-RED21
grammar? i guess!

I would love to win the projector, it looks awesome :D

Hai ;3

The physics going on to get it to project so close to a wall is incredible. I'd also love to make a few videos trying this out in different situations! Would be very, very cool to test its limits. 

What to say? This PF1000U projector would be terrific in my toom lol

Dont think i could ever afford one, but looks like something u could use to relive carpark cinemas with friends and could go camping with it. Anyway great idea from a cinema room to gaming room to outside gaming and multimedia, i think its a great idea. Gotta give it to the lg development team.

Ps. loved that 2min advert linus and his team made, linus was trying to hard to look like a badass.. well when he pulled out his gear in my eyes that was badass enough lol.

I think the projector is practical and revolutionary in it's sector. Good for anything xD

It's way to expensive to add to your setup.

1. You need to buy a decent rig to game so a projecter will only increase the cost of your total setup.

2. A projector that's €500 wil do the same job as this one but it needs a longer distance and you have a less crisp image.

3.  Not everyone has $1500 to spend

But it is a good projector, if you have the money go for it.

It will add some game experience i guess. 

In conclusion.

If you have the money buy it.

If not, just buy a 27" monitor.

If you want to build a home theater just buy a $500 projector.

Greetings from The Netherlands

200" gaming screen sounds really good haha i wonder how it would feel to play csgo or dota on 200inch screen.

The PF1000U projector is brilliant. I really like the idea of putting a glass in front of the lens to project a larger scale of the image. Never thought of that. Smart. (Y)

A projector that is this small, with this kind of quality would be perfect for my small bedroom or my living room. I would love to have one of these.

I'd use the PF1000U projector at my school with an interactive whiteboard so kids can use pens etc to draw models at the 200" that Linus displayed. Would be an amazing experience. Such a cool, outstanding projector!

It seems really useful to have a compact projector that can be placed really close to the wall.

PS: nice video

I think that the PF1000U is one of the most creative abd underrated ideas for gaming yet. It will work great for parties, just slap it on the ground and play some mario kart. i hope it becomes a commercial success, with these being set up in communities for everyone to enjoy.

| i5 4690k @ 4 GHz | ASUS STRIX GTX 970 | Corsair H100i | Gigabyte H97 Gaming-3 | Corsair RM750 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | 128GB Cruital SSD | 240GB Crutial SSD | 2TB WD Green | NZXT H440|

Has to be the coolest and most innovative projector I've seen in recent years. Well done LG!

The distance you can put it to have that big of a picture, it is absolutely astonishing