Corsair M65 Pro vs EVGA Torq X5?

MenSuRx

Corsair M65 Pro vs EVGA Torq X5?

Both have same Omron mouse button rated at 20 million clicks

Corsair uses 3360 sensor

EVGA uses 3388 sensor

EVGA is lighter (85g) but Corsair (135g) has aluminium build

Price is the same

Making a choice is hard so i would like some opinions please :)

M65 Pro uses the 3360 (just a quick correction), which is arguably superior to the 3988 (which has extra smoothing at CPI's above 1550). The 3360 has native increments of 100, the 'Logitech' 3366 has native increments of 50, as does the 3988. A known fault on the Torq X5 is the scroll bug (I've owned this mouse and experienced it myself) where you would scroll down and suddenly it will jump up the page and you'll need to scroll down again. There have been quite a few reports of this happening. However, there have been 2 reports of the M65 Pro not working/resetting itself. One of these was caused by a grounding issue within the mouse. The other was posted recently on this forum. The shape and size is preference. The M65 Pro is quite wide compared to the X5 and is also heavier, as you already know. There are side buttons on the opposite side of the X5 which may interfere with your hand, depending on how you grip the mouse. Having owned the M40 and M45, which are the same dimensions, I'd find the M65 to be too wide for my 20.5cm hands and the sandpaper finish on the sides isn't very pleasing to touch, personally, and wears down after minimal use. The X5 is better, but the incredibly frustrating scroll bug kept me from keeping it. For the money, the M65 Pro would be better, I think, and probably the one you'll have less problems with considering there are some people that have actually used it and never experienced it randomly not working/resetting itself.

4 hours ago, Big_Chief said:

M65 Pro uses the 3360 (just a quick correction), which is arguably superior to the 3988 (which has extra smoothing at CPI's above 1550). The 3360 has native increments of 100, the 'Logitech' 3366 has native increments of 50, as does the 3988. A known fault on the Torq X5 is the scroll bug (I've owned this mouse and experienced it myself) where you would scroll down and suddenly it will jump up the page and you'll need to scroll down again. There have been quite a few reports of this happening. However, there have been 2 reports of the M65 Pro not working/resetting itself. One of these was caused by a grounding issue within the mouse. The other was posted recently on this forum. The shape and size is preference. The M65 Pro is quite wide compared to the X5 and is also heavier, as you already know. There are side buttons on the opposite side of the X5 which may interfere with your hand, depending on how you grip the mouse. Having owned the M40 and M45, which are the same dimensions, I'd find the M65 to be too wide for my 20.5cm hands and the sandpaper finish on the sides isn't very pleasing to touch, personally, and wears down after minimal use. The X5 is better, but the incredibly frustrating scroll bug kept me from keeping it. For the money, the M65 Pro would be better, I think, and probably the one you'll have less problems with considering there are some people that have actually used it and never experienced it randomly not working/resetting itself.

I have tiny 17.5~18 cm hands, do you think the M65 will be too wide for me to comfortably hold? As for the 3988's smoothing, it does not really bother me as i use 800 dpi/cpi.

Its a very large and boxy mouse. I wouldnt recommend it for people with small hands. 

Check out my iCUE Guide Beta Tester for Corsair

Got a Corsair Product? Got a Question?

Feel Free to PM Me ?

Check out my iCUE Guide

20 hours ago, MenSuRx said:

I have tiny 17.5~18 cm hands, do you think the M65 will be too wide for me to comfortably hold? As for the 3988's smoothing, it does not really bother me as i use 800 dpi/cpi.

18cm hands aren't tiny :P

It depends on the width of your hands. I'm quite lanky, so my hands are the same, long and narrow. If you have shovel hands you might be fine. Are you a palm grip by any chance?

Also, there has recently been another report on OCN of the M65 Pro not responding at startup. Both mice seem to have their issues but hopefully you can get lucky.

15 hours ago, Big_Chief said:

It depends on the width of your hands. I'm quite lanky, so my hands are the same, long and narrow. If you have shovel hands you might be fine. Are you a palm grip by any chance?

Also, there has recently been another report on OCN of the M65 Pro not responding at startup. Both mice seem to have their issues but hopefully you can get lucky.

I'm a palm and claw hybrid. Using Zowie EC2-A but right click has a problem, I have used Razer Deathadder before and that was far too large for me to use.