Asus Sabertooth, sooooo slow, hour long boot times

Been having problems with my X99 Sabertooth, no OC or anything but if you install a program that it doesn't like then it hangs on reboot for up to an hour. The BIOS is completely unusable when you do finally get in, once it boots into Windows though, its fine. I'm trying to install a new BIOS update to see if that will cure it but thats taking so far about 3 hours and its not even half way done. Its driving me mad, I bought this board expecting quality from Asus but its been nothing but problems from the start.

I've tried pulling parts out and trying things one at a time but it still does it. I'm thinking its time for a new board.

My system is X99 Sabertooth, 5930K, 16GB of RAM, 512GB SSD for boot drive and dual 980Tis.

7 minutes ago, Father Dougal said:

but if you install a program that it doesn't like

computer has preferences for softwares? o.O

what do you mean by this statement though

maybe some examples?

8 minutes ago, Father Dougal said:

The BIOS is completely unusable when you do finally get in

how so? like... corrupted or...?

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

Well i still have my Z77 Sabertooth and its been doing be very well,my favorite motherboards are Sabertooth's,just try to update the bios

HISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

i7 2700k 4.5GHz / Cooler Master Nepton 240mm / Asus Sabertooth Z77 / HyperX Savage 32gb / EVGA GTX TITAN SUPERCLOCKED SIGNATURE

What I meant was, if I installed a program, say AI Suite 3, the system upon restart would take forever to boot. I don't know its corrupted but you can't actually do anything in it. It just hangs, mouse doesn't move, none of the temp, voltage or fan speed readouts move or adjust like they should do.

3 minutes ago, Father Dougal said:

What I meant was, if I installed a program, say AI Suite 3, the system upon restart would take forever to boot. I don't know its corrupted but you can't actually do anything in it. It just hangs, mouse doesn't move, none of the temp, voltage or fan speed readouts move or adjust like they should do.

AI Suite 3 is cancer. Ruined all my fan profiles on my X99-Deluxe, painfully slow, wrote over BIOS settings when launched, etc. etc. You sited the only example I can think of for software hosing your BIOS settings unless you really try in Intel XTU.

Uninstall AIS3, flash the BIOS if things aren't better, don't install it again.

LanSyndicate Build | i5-6600k | ASRock OC Formula | G.Skill 3600MHz | Samsung 850 Evo | MSI R9-290X 8GB Alphacool Block | Enthoo Pro M | XTR Pro 750w | Custom Loop |

Daily | 5960X | X99 Sabertooth | G.Skill 3000MHz | 750 NVMe | 850 Evo | x2 WD Se 2TB | x2 Seagate 3TB | Sapphire R9-290X 8GB | Enthoo Primo | EVGA 1000G2 | Custom Loop |

Game Box | 4690K | Z97i-Plus | G.Skill 2400MHz | x2 840 Evo | GTX 970 shorty | Corsair 250D modded with H105 | EVGA 650w B2 |

3 minutes ago, runit3 said:

AI Suite 3 is cancer. Ruined all my fan profiles on my X99-Deluxe, painfully slow, wrote over BIOS settings when launched, etc. etc. You sited the only example I can think of for software hosing your BIOS settings unless you really try in Intel XTU.

Uninstall AIS3, flash the BIOS if things aren't better, don't install it again.

I needed it to update the BIOS. Can't use the BIOS itself for anything at present. Its only just half way through and its been well over an hour now. Something is not right here. It started to act up again tonight when I connected my 3rd go pro camera to offload some footage, the camera was being detected but wouldn't transfer the footage so I restarted the machine, now it takes forever to boot and the BIOS is unusable.

3 minutes ago, Father Dougal said:

I needed it to update the BIOS. Can't use the BIOS itself for anything at present. Its only just half way through and its been well over an hour now. Something is not right here.

How did you update it? USB BIOS Flashback is the easiest way. Download the .cap, put in root of FAT32 formatted USB, plug into the designated port on the I/O and hold down the flashback button until it starts flashing, when it's done flashing it's done.

LanSyndicate Build | i5-6600k | ASRock OC Formula | G.Skill 3600MHz | Samsung 850 Evo | MSI R9-290X 8GB Alphacool Block | Enthoo Pro M | XTR Pro 750w | Custom Loop |

Daily | 5960X | X99 Sabertooth | G.Skill 3000MHz | 750 NVMe | 850 Evo | x2 WD Se 2TB | x2 Seagate 3TB | Sapphire R9-290X 8GB | Enthoo Primo | EVGA 1000G2 | Custom Loop |

Game Box | 4690K | Z97i-Plus | G.Skill 2400MHz | x2 840 Evo | GTX 970 shorty | Corsair 250D modded with H105 | EVGA 650w B2 |

2 minutes ago, runit3 said:

How did you update it? USB BIOS Flashback is the easiest way. Download the .cap, put in root of FAT32 formatted USB, plug into the designated port on the I/O and hold down the flashback button until it start flashes, when it's done flashing it's done.

I used the feature in AI3. I completely forgot about that, its been a long week. I'll have to wait till its done updating. Should be done by Sunday at this rate.

1 minute ago, Father Dougal said:

I used the feature in AI3. I completely forgot about that, its been a long week. I'll have to wait till its done updating. Should be done by Sunday at this rate.

"feature" is a generous word. :( I'd say pull the plug, but I've had to repair a corrupted BIOS ROM before, and it was less fun than waiting an inordinate amount of time.

How long have you had it for? Would you be able to return it and get money/replacement back? 

3 minutes ago, runit3 said:

"feature" is a generous word. :( I'd say pull the plug, but I've had to repair a corrupted BIOS ROM before, and it was less fun than waiting an inordinate amount of time.

Its doing something now, says its Updating the BIOS. Finally. This board has been nothing but problems, hell this whole build has been nothing but problems. Windows is flaky no matter how many times I reinstall it, the rattling fans on the H110GTi, my first case arriving broken.

1 minute ago, AppleWhizzer said:

How long have you had it for? Would you be able to return it and get money/replacement back? 

Knocking on a year now I think. It would be RMA'd but I don't think I'd get a refund at this stage.

2 minutes ago, Father Dougal said:

Knocking on a year now I think. It would be RMA'd but I don't think I'd get a refund at this stage.

Bugger that's a shame. Sorry i can't help you any further...