Crysis 3 Performance Showdown

LinusTech

Guys this is a very exciting video. We've got performance numbers using the latest BETA drivers from both AMD and NVIDIA with their optimizations for Crysis 3.

We're using our usual approach which basically amounts to taking the 4 main price points ($100, $200, $300, and $400+) and pitting green vs red to find out which one makes the most sense for a given game.

If you don't feel like watching the video, then our performance graphs can be downloaded here: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B2LKAgEko3SAY19VSW5ULVYzV3c/edit?usp=sharing

The conclusion is actually pretty straightforward: They perform about the same at each price point except for a weird glitch that caused our 670 to perform worse than our 660 Ti.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As requested...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Quick question.. when was this video made? If made after May 2, 2013 then why not run the 13.5 Beta drivers instead?

MOBO - Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0   CPU - AMD Phenom II X6 1055T @ 3.5GHz - Corsair H80i   RAM - 2x Corsair Vengence 4GB DDR3 @ 1666 MHz   

GPU - SAPPHIRE 100362-3L Radeon R9 290 4GB Tri-X OC  Sound - ASUS Xonar DSX  PSU - Thermaltake SMART M Series SP-850M 850W

Quick question.. when was this video made? If made after May 2, 2013 then why not run the 13.5 Beta drivers instead?

It was made early March.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

I wonder if anyone has compared the AMD 7990 reference with the ASUS Ares II or the PowerColor Devil 13 7990. Been looking for head-to-head comparisons but I have found none. Oh well.. great run down as it is. Thanks for the reply wpirobotbuilder.

MOBO - Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0   CPU - AMD Phenom II X6 1055T @ 3.5GHz - Corsair H80i   RAM - 2x Corsair Vengence 4GB DDR3 @ 1666 MHz   

GPU - SAPPHIRE 100362-3L Radeon R9 290 4GB Tri-X OC  Sound - ASUS Xonar DSX  PSU - Thermaltake SMART M Series SP-850M 850W