S340 fan setup

SauronsV

When I built my PC a year ago I never thought about setting up my case fans in a certain way. I use the NZXT S340 case.

So basically I am wondering if my case fans are in ok places, I have 1 intake fan, which is the NF-S12A ULN (which is located on the bottom right side of my case), and 2 exhaust fans. One of the exhaust fans is another NF-S12A ULN (located on the top), and the other is the corsair pwm quiet edition 120mm (located on the left side of my case).

All my fans have ULN adapters. Is this an okay fan setup? Or should I change something, I was also thinking about replacing the corsair fan with another NF-S12A because it is basically silent. Or should I go with another fan? My temps while playing witcher 3 almost reach 70 degrees so its not too bad, but I think it should be lower.

Thanks in advance!

Rule of thumb is get 1 front intake and 1 rear exhaust (for a good natural flow of air) and then add what you prefer. The rule of thumb is generally sufficient

Remember to quote if you want us to see your answer ASAP!

1 minute ago, ComradeVodka said:

Rule of thumb is get 1 front intake and 1 rear exhaust (for a good natural flow of air) and then add what you prefer. The rule of thumb is generally sufficient

Thanks or the advice.

For someone who plays games a lot do you think it would be bad to have 4, NF-S12A ULN fans? Because they specialize in low noise I am scared my temps will get too high:

2 exhaust fans and 1 intake is fine. The s340 is a pretty open and free case, so airflow isnt really restricted even with the worst of cable management.

In my s340 i run 2 intake fans (front mount radiator for the AIO cpu liquid cooling loop) and 2 exhaust fans.  

MAIN RIG | AMD R7 1800x @ 4.0GHz [cooled by Corsair h110i] | Zotac 1070 founders | Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8gb |
| ASUS crosshair IV hero | Samsung 960 evo m.2 | Seagate 1TB + WD blue 2TB| Corsair HX750i | Phanteks evlov atx TG |
LAPTOP | HP zbook Workstation | Intel i7-4710 HQ @ 2.5GHz | 8gb ram | NVIDIA Quadro k1100m | 250gb + 250gb Crucial SSDs |

2 minutes ago, SauronsV said:

Thanks or the advice.

For someone who plays games a lot do you think it would be bad to have 4, NF-S12A ULN fans? Because they specialize in low noise I am scared my temps will get too high:

Use 3 intake 1 exhaust or 2 intake 2 exhaust and you will be completely fine

Remember to quote if you want us to see your answer ASAP!

Seems fine as is.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.