Recommend a PSU and Case!

Dubesta11

I am going to be building an ATX system potentially with an overclockable i7 (or i5, depending on how much I spend), and potentially a GTX 1070 when prices/availability is better. I'm looking for a good looking case with as many features as possible, and possibly a window to look at the build (Nothing that has been known to scratch a lot). I also want a very reliable high-teir PSU but at a decent price. My budget for both is anywhere from $160 to $180.

Thanks!

The Grey Squirrel

CPU: i7-6700k @ 4.8GHz - CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3 - Motherboard: ASUS Z170-E - GPU:  ASUS GTX 1060 DUAL

Case: Inwin 303 - RAM: 4x8GB Corsair LPX Storage: 2x Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W

Mouse: Logitech G502 Wired / Bungee Keyboard: Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red Headphone: Sony MDR- 1R

Microphone:  Blue Yeti - Webcam: Logitech C920 - Monitors: 3x Dell S2415H 

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

9 hours ago, Dubesta11 said:

I am going to be building an ATX system potentially with an overclockable i7 (or i5, depending on how much I spend), and potentially a GTX 1070 when prices/availability is better. I'm looking for a good looking case with as many features as possible, and possibly a window to look at the build (Nothing that has been known to scratch a lot). I also want a very reliable high-teir PSU but at a decent price. My budget for both is anywhere from $160 to $180.

Thanks!

Define S and EVGA G2/GS/GQ of 550W or higher.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

2 hours ago, Energycore said:

31 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

Define S and EVGA G2/GS/GQ of 550W or higher.

These are more silent cases, and I'm trying to get one with a window. I agree with the EVGA PSU but probably not the corsair one since I hate their cables.

The Grey Squirrel

CPU: i7-6700k @ 4.8GHz - CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3 - Motherboard: ASUS Z170-E - GPU:  ASUS GTX 1060 DUAL

Case: Inwin 303 - RAM: 4x8GB Corsair LPX Storage: 2x Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W

Mouse: Logitech G502 Wired / Bungee Keyboard: Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red Headphone: Sony MDR- 1R

7 hours ago, Dubesta11 said:

These are more silent cases, and I'm trying to get one with a window. I agree with the EVGA PSU but probably not the corsair one since I hate their cables.

The Define S has great airflow.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

2 hours ago, Dubesta11 said:

EVGA 550 G2 and Phanteks Enthoo Pro M

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Energycore said:

Should I get the new one with the full side panel? I would be afraid of scratching it, but it would look awesome.

The Grey Squirrel

1 minute ago, Dubesta11 said:

Should I get the new one with the full side panel? I would be afraid of scratching it, but it would look awesome.

I'd do it :D

Just make sure to carefully take out the side panel and put it aside before you service the hardware.

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

6 minutes ago, Energycore said:

I'd do it :D

Just make sure to carefully take out the side panel and put it aside before you service the hardware.

I usually do, especially with windowed side panels. My main problem is that I would transport it every so often, so I might start covering the whole case with something before I move it.

The Grey Squirrel

2 minutes ago, Dubesta11 said:

I usually do, especially with windowed side panels. My main problem is that I would transport it every so often, so I might start covering the whole case with something before I move it.

For a computer that moves a lot I'd go with no window personally.

But you could devise a protection mechanism for your window, a sheet of acryllic that you tape in there would do just fine to prevent scratches

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, Energycore said:

For a computer that moves a lot I'd go with no window personally.

But you could devise a protection mechanism for your window, a sheet of acryllic that you tape in there would do just fine to prevent scratches

I mean, I used to transport it weekly when I was living at my parents house and needed to go to another house to use the internet, but after this year I will be living in in apartment near my college so I doubt its going to move at all. So its probably a lot less of an issue than I am making it and I do think the full window looks awesome.

The Grey Squirrel