Microphone Choice

PillowSmoke

I'm deciding between the Samson C01u or the Samson Meteor mic, Suggestions?

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

Have you considered the Blue line of microphones? (yeti/snowball?) 

Also it depends what you want in a microphone. Is it just for chatting or is it for making youtube videos?

i5 4670k | Sapphire 7950 | Kingston 120GB SSD | Seagate 1TB | G.Skill Ripjaw X Series 8GB

PB238Q | Steelseries Sensei | Ducky DK9087 | Qck Heavy

Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/44902-from-imac-to-my-own-creation/

Meteor or Blue Snowball I recommend

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

Don't get a yeti if you decide to go blue, have one, picks up what i don't want it to (fans, window's open) and not me

Don't get a yeti if you decide to go blue, have one, picks up what i don't want it to (fans, window's open) and not me

try messing with the settings, you will most likely want it in cardioid mode

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

try messing with the settings, you will most likely want it in cardioid mode

I did, it is in cardiroid, bought new stand and pop filter for it. Still same issue but hey, if i'm not using my desktop.. or have a window or door open... or move in my chair... it records niiiiiiiiice

I did, it is in cardiroid, bought new stand and pop filter for it. Still same issue but hey, if i'm not using my desktop.. or have a window or door open... or move in my chair... it records niiiiiiiiice

Turn down the gain then

I have a Snowball mic that needs replacing because my USB connection shorts out often, but I do agree with the sensitivity. I live in Texas so I sorta need my fans and stuff to cool my room down and that gets a bit annoying when someone on the other end complains of "the hurricane" in the background.  :ph34r: 

I'm deciding between the Samson C01u or the Samson Meteor mic, Suggestions?

Meteor mic, my friend has one, sounds great.

I have a Snowball mic that needs replacing because my USB connection shorts out often, but I do agree with the sensitivity. I live in Texas so I sorta need my fans and stuff to cool my room down and that gets a bit annoying when someone on the other end complains of "the hurricane" in the background.  :ph34r:

all the way down

xD I personally don't have that issue O.o I feel the yeti is not sensitive enough

xD I personally don't have that issue O.o I feel the yeti is not sensitive enough

Lucky! :V

I will admit, that when my mic was brand new a few years back, it was amazing. And it does win on style points, that's for sure.

I wouldn't buy another one, though. Not because I didn't like it, but because I wanna get a Modmic whenever they are bloody back in stock again. *shakes fist*

Lucky! :V

I will admit, that when my mic was brand new a few years back, it was amazing. And it does win on style points, that's for sure.

I wouldn't buy another one, though. Not because I didn't like it, but because I wanna get a Modmic whenever they are bloody back in stock again. *shakes fist*

Personally, I want a more professional mic (plug into a soundboard) 

Personally, I want a more professional mic (plug into a soundboard) 

That's understandable, we all have different needs. My reasons are that I want a headset without having to waste money on an overpriced headset with questionable sound quality. I already have a 200 dollar pair of headphones that work perfectly fine, don't need another. :P

That's understandable, we all have different needs. My reasons are that I want a headset without having to waste money on an overpriced headset with questionable sound quality. I already have a 200 dollar pair of headphones that work perfectly fine, don't need another. :P

I'm happy with my beats :o .... But I use my sony's the most ($50) and are great 

I want a soundboard for streaming and I literally just started playing guitar this week and am hooked

Have you considered the Blue line of microphones? (yeti/snowball?) 

Also it depends what you want in a microphone. Is it just for chatting or is it for making youtube videos?

It's for making youtube Videos.

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

My friend uses the Meteor mic and I don't like how sensitive it is. I assume if it is just for Youtube then you more than likely are not going to be smacking on your keyboard during the recording so it will be fine. Using this mic live while playing games with friends will be awful for your friends because of how sensitive the mic is. Mission accomplished guys

Enjoy those tacos now, for in 1000 years they will be illegal... eh Ha Ha Ha! I think we all know why.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give tacos ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Poker 2 KB Review