Headphones for my needs?

Charix

So I am looking for a pair in the 100-150 price range. I don't need anything like a gaming headset, I just want a good pair of headphones around that price range. I don't care where I buy it (Amazon, mass drop, newegg is all fine)

what kind of sound signature do you like ( what do you want there to more of/ more focus on), use case? Home? On the go? Open or Closed? 

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

8 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

what kind of sound signature do you like ( what do you want there to more of/ more focus on), use case? Home? On the go? Open or Closed? 

I'll be using at home. And I prefer closed back. So I don't need case

and I don't really know much about sound signature. I'm kinda a nub when it comes to audio stuff

22 minutes ago, MTMaster said:

I'll be using at home. And I prefer closed back. So I don't need case

well there is a pinned post with some headphone suggestions, with a little text to each.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

What music do you listen to? Do you like bass, mids, treble? Give me some songs and bands.

For more neutral sound I'd go with NVX XPT100, owning them and I really enjoy them.

If you really need portability and like some bass go with m50x's. But if you don't need portability go with DT 770s, they are much better. The bass doesn't bleed into the mids and has a much tighter bass.

As well if you want open go with the AKG k7xx or the k5xx.