new router 250$ max

mtbdude641

looking to get a new router, looking at possibly the asus RT-AC3200 , but also looking to see if any higher end models go on sale  anytime soon. any recommendations would also be appreciated . 

The TP-Link Archer C7 is a great wireless router but if you need more speed over wireless you could also look at something like the Archer C3200.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

13 hours ago, mtbdude641 said:

looking to get a new router, looking at possibly the asus RT-AC3200 , but also looking to see if any higher end models go on sale  anytime soon. any recommendations would also be appreciated . 

For $250, you can get an edgerouter lite and a Ubiquiti UAP-LR-US. That will be WAAAAYYY better than any consumer router you can get.

My native language is C++

5 hours ago, tt2468 said:

For $250, you can get an edgerouter lite and a Ubiquiti UAP-LR-US. That will be WAAAAYYY better than any consumer router you can get.

While this is true, keep in mind what he said he was looking at. If shit hits the fan are you going to go over his place and support him? do up the config file for him? I ain't, he won't pay me enough.

with the asus, just make sure he gets one of the 24hr on off switches and just set it to turn off @ 3 am every morning to remove any issues with the router sucking.