Thoughts on what my friend has to say about Apple products and software? Agree or disagree?

I've never been on any advocate side for any companies but I believe my so-called tech geek friend of mines who I've known since high school (about 10 years now, he's a few years older than me) has been on Apple for years now. Thing that gets me about Apple/Mac users is that they're so egotistical and think they're the best. Recently WWDC a few weeks ago Apple unveiled some new software and new future announcements to its products, what do you guys think about their software? I'm not trying to hate on apple as I'm not a fan, biased, advocate of anything, but it seems like this message that a friend of mines who's a tech savvy enthusiast on latest gadgets and products really loves Apple's products and software, I don't know why. He's been like this for about almost 6 years now, he repairs and fixes computers for a living but doesn't really have the trade certification, education at anything due to his disability. 

Anyway, this is what he said: 

"Just watched the WWDC 2016 live stream from Apple and I have to say this... If you don't already own an apple device you're just not getting the most of your daily life, and in the upcoming releases of the OS versions, these things could almost feed you with a single tap. They have so many things that just work, that make your life that much easier, your fitness activities even easier, accessibility for handicapped users with the Apple Watch, the list is unending...

Things to remember:

Apple doesn't give us unnecessary features and things like most android users have. Those are things we just don't need. Air gestures and always on screens for time (battery waster experts) and so many more ultimately useless features. (***cough*** Samsung...) android is a great OS but you cannot beat the stability of this phone I have. I now have a much more solid business just because of this iPhone. Had the note 3. Was ok but always had issues with space even when it was only half full. Apps constantly lagging or crashing. Not this. This is Rock solid. That's because it's backed by a Closed Source version of Linux. Google uses an open source version and therefore quality is not guaranteed.

Most people end up hating Apple devices simply because they don't understand for take the time to understand how it all works. Well, with android everything you are treated like a child with everything already laid out for you. Heaven forbid you are made to actually do something or figure it out. :) that's what Apple is about. Getting your mind moving. Encouraging productivity and fitness, etc. getting back to the simple things. I dare you to go sit in the Apple Store and just learn some life changing things.

I'm pumped because I'm about to get a major overhaul to my phone in the next iOS version to make life even simpler and thought I would share that. You won't ever see what I saw in any other device or type. 5 years ago I would have said no to Apple because it wasn't quite fine tuned enough but now I won't use an android. :) android has become too lavish with too many things. Don't forget also about the 1.2 Million pounds of bloat ware (preloaded apps) that come with every branded device taking up more than half the space "

This isn't really true and I beg to differ with what he has to say about Apple's products, I'm not saying Android is a bad OS but he complains about all the pre-loaded bloatware Android has which isn't necessarily true, at least from my experience. Other than that Apple still is no way superior than Microsoft or Android. I was wondering if anyone agrees completely or to some degree with what my friend said from his little statement here about Apple and their product and software? Because I really don't, all those things aren't really true but I'd like to hear what your guys thoughts are. Like I said I'm not fan or advocate of any company. 

Thanks.

i am on my mac right now and i can tell you: apple SUCKS. the hardware is outdated and overheats all the time as soon as you try anything intensive. i get my fans spinning when i stream a youtube video in 1080p. the software update make my mac slower because they want me to be like: oh my mac is slow time to get a new one. and dont even think about game compatibility! so far i have only found 2 enjoyable games compatible with my mac. And even then they run in 30fps lowest settings because i tried higher one time and now some buttons on my keyboard dont work anymore (possibly due to heat). when playing those games the fans sound as if they need to cool down the enitre sun. the price is just not worth it becasue if i where to get a pc for the same price as a mac i would be able to play all games at 60fps max settings.

here is a message to apple:

…………………./´¯/)
………………..,/¯../
………………./…./
…………./´¯/’…’/´¯¯`·¸
………./’/…/…./……./¨¯\
……..(‘(…´…´…. ¯~/’…’)
………\……………..’…../
……….”…\………. _.·´
…………\…………..(
…………..\………….\…

Sincerely mac user

Lolol, and he did say that Apple has features that makes them better. -_-

Yeah, people will always save a lot more money than a piece of scam garbage than any Apple products releases for hardware and software if they opt not to get any proprietary stuff from Apple, I wouldn't know some idiot that would spend that much on a gaming computer unless some person is a macfanboy or just an idiot and would go and buy a really expensive Mac gaming computer for $6,000-$10,000 when you can get significantly less for about $2,000 even the $2,000 would have better hardware and specs than the gaming mac computer, logic? Lol. This guy talks about how apple gives easier accessibility, more convenient, blah blah stuff everything about Apple's mobile os and features a lot better than Google or maybe even other mobile os... like what? One of the reasons why I'm thankful that I stopped going to my local community college and transferred to my local university. Most of the computer and IT professors at my communiy college are into Apple's products and always brag about how good Apple is.... like yeah okay, like Microsoft, google, etc. doesn't have those features in their products, os, and software 

At least the computer and IT professors there are more reasonable and aren't into Apple products at all, my programming teacher especially is still using Microsoft products because he knows about how arrogant MAC users are.  

This guy is an idiot for even saying Apple is great in that regard because really they aren't. He's been really brainwashed for whatever the case may be that made him into a Mac***/Apple fanboy. 

What has the world become? Lol.

" Most people end up hating Apple devices simply because they don't understand for take the time to understand how it all works. Well, with android everything you are treated like a child with everything already laid out for you. Heaven forbid you are made to actually do something or figure it out. :) that's what Apple is about. Getting your mind moving. Encouraging productivity and fitness, etc. getting back to the simple things. I dare you to go sit in the Apple Store and just learn some life changing things"

^^ BS and the total opposite of reality 

"android has become too lavish with too many things. Don't forget also about the 1.2 Million pounds of bloat ware (preloaded apps) that come with every branded device taking up more than half the space"

Again BS, it all depends on what device you buy, also it usually only 3 or 4 apps which can easily be deleted by rooting the phone and/or using a custom rom. Apple products are like consoles good optimisation but outdated hardware with the difference being the insane mark up apple gives to their products.

P.S. "I dare you to go sit in the Apple Store and just learn some life changing things" Lmao, right...

he sounds like a douche

And I am an apple user and fan!

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

1 hour ago, ShadowCaptain said:

he sounds like a douche

And I am an apple user and fan!

I can confirm this. This man does love his Apple Products. Especially the Granny Smiths.

46 minutes ago, Starelementpoke said:

I can confirm this. This man does love his Apple Products. Especially the Granny Smiths.

Red Delicious mate

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

PCs and Macs are taking a different path. 

Macs: It just works. Forget about everything and start using it. 

PCs: you want more RAM? Here you go! you want more POWER? Here you go! You want more options? Here you go!

Same logic applies to iPhones and android phones.

Apple is using it's closed eco system to make a better software experience while ripping off their customer on their hardware. That's where the profit comes in.

Microsoft as well as Google(Android) is aiming at bigger market share, lesser profit per unit. That's how they profit. 

Both of them , actually 3 of them all wanna keep the user in their eco system. Make the user feels "trapped", "can't live my life without it".

Apple's marketing team and sales team is top notch. And during these years the company is earning a huge profit. While I think now it is the time that they went back to where they were. I always thought that's how a company grow, many years of hard work, then live under the spotlight for a few years, money keeps coming in, people are praising the company and investors are super happy. Then in the end everything goes back to normal. Stock prices went back to normal , the consumers are gonna calm themselves, then at the same time even criticism comes in.

These recent years Apple is going through a hard time, at least, when it compares to post 2010 era. They are trying to make the apple watch the next big thing, but people don'y really buy it.  

I always felt that apple's product line right now it is a mess.

And they keep doing stupid things, such as using more under power component in their Mac minis, still using 5400 rpm drive in their macs, and so on. 

I felt that the entry level Mac mini is the best mac that a 1st mac user can get, if it has a more powerful cpu and comes with 128G SSD. 

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

The thing that's most important to acknowledge is that the experience of using an Apple device will always be better than a non Apple device because of the amount of time and money spent on improving it. When you look at a spec sheet- you see trackpad, keyboard, 1080p screen, etc. You don't think about trackpad- will multitouch gestures work perfectly or predictably? Will the keyboard feel tactile enough and comfortable enough in an extended typing duration? Are the colors accurate on my screen? Does my screen automatically adjust perfectly to ambient light? The average consumer and techie doesn't think or even consider that, and neither do other manufacturers. This is what separates Apple from every other manufacturer. They may not have the best hardware or software bling, but you can count on everything not being frustrating to use. 

In Anandtech's recent review of the S7, they came down on Samsung for not caring enough-

The Galaxy S7 is clearly packed with features and ticks all the right boxes, but as soon as I start looking closer at everything I start to see cases where Samsung just doesn’t seem to care enough. Everything about the phone seems to be targeted towards being a great experience for the first week or two of ownership and while that strategy has worked well for them I’m left wondering what Samsung would be capable of if they cared about getting things right even if no one would notice the extra frame drop or 50ms of roam latency.

This is my exact experience with my S7. The first week was all sunshine and rainbows. But fast forward 3 months, I am starting to be fed up with inconsistent battery life because Google makes no effort to fix idle battery drain, only work arounds such as Doze which only kicks in after a long period of time to shut down all notifications (except for certains apps), making your smartphone useless. Bluetooth idle drain, which I'm starting to think is a hardware issue. And finally, inconsistent performance- if I use my phone and run intensive applications for longer than 30 seconds to a minute, it would bog down and get super hot, most likely thermal throttling (in fact, if I run browser based benchmarks back to back, the scores would just keep plummeting). As great of a phone as the S7 looks on paper and in person, it's the little things that makes it ugly, and some aren't even the fault of Samsung, but Google for not prioritizing user experience. 

Edit: And Smart lock for some reason is super inconsistent for me, and I've factory resetted my phones multiple times to try to fix all of my above issues, with it sometimes working and sometimes not working, even though I'm sitting in the same exact spot at home.