GTX 1070 STRIX vs GAMING X

SpeederT12

Ok very very quick and urgent question, because newegg doesn't wait obviously. I just missed my oppurtunity to buy a strix 1070 which is sexy af, so is it worth it to wait for it to comeback or is the Gaming X Better/Equal?

Thanks in advance!

• CPU
    Intel Core I5 6600k @ 4.4ghz
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte HD3p z170
  • RAM
    Kingston HyperX Fury @ 3666mhz
  • GPU
    Asus Strix GTX 1070 @ 2100mhz
  • Case
    Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed Blackout edition
  • Storage
    Samsung 850 EVO 250gb
  • NEW Seagate Skyhawk 2TB
  • PSU
    Corsair RM650x
  • Display(s)
    Dell U2414H
  • Cooling
    CM Hyper 212 EVO
  • Keyboard
    Logitech G810
  • Mouse
    Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum
  • Sound
    Generic Dell Speakers and Razer Kraken USB
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

MSI one is better.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

If you can, I would recommend an EVGA card. I've had horrible customer service experiences with Gigabyte and MSI, and I'm not the only one. Can't talk about Asus customer service though. But regarding raw performance, the differences will be minor, even more so with GTX 10XX series, they all oc about the same from what I saw. And as long as you get a nice custom cooling solution, you will have similar thermals. It all comes down to price, looks and customer service imo.

CPU : i7 8700k @5GHz, GPU : ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX, RAM : 2x8Go 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance, MB : ASUS Prime Z370-A, PSU : CM V850, Case :  NZXT S340, CPU Cooler : NZXT Kraken x62, Monitor : Acer Predator XB271HU 27" 1440p 165Hz, OS : Windows 10 Home 64 bits  

I've heard that the 1080 (gaming x) couldn't overclock to well so I'm not really leaning towards MSI's 1070. The cooler is also red which means it will only look fitting in red builds. With Asus, they have no accented colours and only RGB lighting which looks absolutely beautiful. I myself am going to get an ASUS Strix GTX 1080 which will max out games in 4k peaking at only 71 (ish) degrees.

I'm a person, you're a person...Together, we are people.

Bob Ross is the greatest painter ever! Happy trees!

Specs:

Spoiler

Processor: i7 4790k @4.7ghz
Game destroyer: Msi GTX 970 4GD5 OC (Soon to be a 1080 or Titan)
Mobo: MSI Z97I AC mini ITX motherboard 
Fridge: NZXT Kraken X31 120mm liquid cooler
Lambo: Samsung 850 EVO 120gb SSD
Honda Civic: Random Toshiba 2TB 7200rpm HDD
PSU: EVGA Supernova 650 g2 (Currently out for RMA)
Case: NZXT S340 Midtower PC case

MSI but isn't that one more than founders price? It doesn't seem to matter which one you buy in regards to OC they all max out at around 2100 tops due to silicon lottery. (though msi has much better warranty support than asus)

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

6 minutes ago, The Realist said:

MSI

oh

7 minutes ago, Morgan MLGman said:

MSI one is better.

ooh

11 minutes ago, Nacho Marco Segui said:

The MSI is also a great card, really quiet.

I see that you are all rallying for the asus :D Alright, I am going for teh dragon then, thanks boys!

9 minutes ago, roylapoutre said:

If you can, I would recommend an EVGA card. I've had horrible customer service experiences with Gigabyte and MSI, and I'm not the only one. Can't talk about Asus customer service though. But regarding raw performance, the differences will be minor, even more so with GTX 10XX series, they all oc about the same from what I saw. And as long as you get a nice custom cooling solution, you will have similar thermals. It all comes down to price, looks and customer service imo.

Meh, I do not like the looks that much of the evgas. Customer service, basically all praise evga for their amazing service but that shouldn't be the main selling point, right?

• CPU
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte HD3p z170
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage
    Samsung 850 EVO 250gb
  • PSU
    Corsair RM650x
  • Display(s)
    Dell U2414H
  • Cooling
    CM Hyper 212 EVO
  • Keyboard
    Logitech G810
  • Mouse
  • Sound
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

3 minutes ago, EBDoesStuff said:

I've heard that the 1080 (gaming x) couldn't overclock to well so I'm not really leaning towards MSI's 1070. The cooler is also red which means it will only look fitting in red builds. With Asus, they have no accented colours and only RGB lighting which looks absolutely beautiful. I myself am going to get an ASUS Strix GTX 1080 which will max out games in 4k peaking at only 71 (ish) degrees.

Im talking about 1070s

• CPU
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte HD3p z170
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage
    Samsung 850 EVO 250gb
  • PSU
    Corsair RM650x
  • Display(s)
    Dell U2414H
  • Cooling
    CM Hyper 212 EVO
  • Keyboard
    Logitech G810
  • Mouse
  • Sound
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

5 minutes ago, SpeederT12 said:

Meh, I do not like the looks that much of the evgas. Customer service, basically all praise evga for their amazing service but that shouldn't be the main selling point, right?

Well, if I were you, since they will perform about the same regarding FPS, thermals and noise, I would chose the less expensive one at the moment. And since EVGA SC edition is one of the cheapest, here you go :P But yeah, I can understand that some people dislike the new EVGA looks. I find it quite good tbh. 

CPU : i7 8700k @5GHz, GPU : ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX, RAM : 2x8Go 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance, MB : ASUS Prime Z370-A, PSU : CM V850, Case :  NZXT S340, CPU Cooler : NZXT Kraken x62, Monitor : Acer Predator XB271HU 27" 1440p 165Hz, OS : Windows 10 Home 64 bits  

3 minutes ago, roylapoutre said:

Well, if I were you, since they will perform about the same regarding FPS, thermals and noise, I would chose the less expensive one at the moment. And since EVGA SC edition is one of the cheapest, here you go :P But yeah, I can understand that some people dislike the new EVGA looks. I find it quite good tbh. 

Do not understanding wrong, I LOVE the new evga look compared to the old acx cooler. But I like the strix and The dragon slightly more appealing

• CPU
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte HD3p z170
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage
    Samsung 850 EVO 250gb