Do i need to apply new thermalpaste on my 280x?

I have a ASUS Matrix Platinum 280x and it runs at stock speed, but it keeps going up in the high 90C when i run "Firestrike".
Do i need to apply new thermal paste on the GPU dye?
Yes, i have good airflow in my case.

Matrix R9 280X.jpg

2 minutes ago, GingerGoPro said:

I have a ASUS Matrix Platinum 280x and it runs at stock speed, but it keeps going up in the high 90C when i run "Firestrike".
Do i need to apply new thermal paste on the GPU dye?
Yes, i have good airflow in my case.

Yes then

When life gives you drugs you sell them for a living.

It depends. Did you check everything when the card was running on load ? It could be due to some weird fan profile introduced by a driver update. Check everything from clock speed to voltage, power consumption and fan curve, if nothing seems off, you might need new thermal paste. Did you buy the card new or used btw ?

CPU : i7 8700k @5GHz, GPU : ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX, RAM : 2x8Go 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance, MB : ASUS Prime Z370-A, PSU : CM V850, Case :  NZXT S340, CPU Cooler : NZXT Kraken x62, Monitor : Acer Predator XB271HU 27" 1440p 165Hz, OS : Windows 10 Home 64 bits  

1 minute ago, roylapoutre said:

It depends. Did you check everything when the card was running on load ? It could be due to some weird fan profile introduced by a driver update. Check everything from clock speed to voltage, power consumption and fan curve, if nothing seems off, you might need new thermal paste. Did you buy the card new or used btw ?

I boght the GPU from a friend of mine who used if for light gaming for aboute 6 months. He never overclocked it.
Everything looks norman when it runs benchmarks. (1000Mhz on the core, 1500Mhz on the memory, fan curve looks good.)

Well then, you might wanna try new thermal paste. I don't see many other options ! When did you notice those increased temps ?

CPU : i7 8700k @5GHz, GPU : ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX, RAM : 2x8Go 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance, MB : ASUS Prime Z370-A, PSU : CM V850, Case :  NZXT S340, CPU Cooler : NZXT Kraken x62, Monitor : Acer Predator XB271HU 27" 1440p 165Hz, OS : Windows 10 Home 64 bits  

9 minutes ago, roylapoutre said:

Well then, you might wanna try new thermal paste. I don't see many other options ! When did you notice those increased temps ?

When i ran Firestrike Extreme 10 times in a row to check the GPU temps the day i pot my pc together.

It would be great to check if your PSU isn't the problem. Unlikely, but I already saw a lot of problems from overheating to crashes/sudden reboot due to malfunctioning PSU 

2 minutes ago, roylapoutre said:

It would be great to check if your PSU isn't the problem. Unlikely, but I already saw a lot of problems from overheating to crashes/sudden reboot due to malfunctioning PSU 

How can the PSU be the problem that causes the GPU to heat up that much?

If your PSU is really bad to begin with, it could really hurt your components, but that's unlikely. A dying PSU can struggle to deliver the required power to the GPU, but that would cause crashes instead of overheating. If you have another PSU to test in your system, try it, just to be sure.

2 hours ago, roylapoutre said:

If your PSU is really bad to begin with, it could really hurt your components, but that's unlikely. A dying PSU can struggle to deliver the required power to the GPU, but that would cause crashes instead of overheating. If you have another PSU to test in your system, try it, just to be sure.

Ok :)
Thank you very muck for the help :)
Have a nice day!