Watercooling my first System

Go to solution Solved by Leonard,
13 minutes ago, Rodniz said:

---gone---

He got pretty damn good noctua fans

----gone

A bit of jealousy, lol jk

As for max radiators, he can fit a 280mm on top, a 140mm in front and a 120mm in the rear however, the 280mm with the 140mm will be enough for the CPU, GPU and the motherboard if you can get all three blocks. Try to get radiators with brass internals and blocks with copper internals to help combat issues that are associated with mixing metals in waterloops. A thickness of 35mm - 40mm will be good enough for the radiators.

Use a D5 pump. The best option would be to use one with a tube reservoir rather than a bay reservoir as bay reservoirs tend to make it a bit difficult to get the front panel off to clean.

Any CPU block with mounting support for socket 115x will work for the CPU bit i like/prefer XSPC's raystorm and EK's supremacy EVO.

I don't think you can get a full cover water block for the 390 because the GPUs are custom, EKWB surly doesn't make one but you can get a universal one, which is just a block on the GPU itself and you will have to figure out how you will be cooling the rest of the GPU on your own which is unwise.

Both Bitspower and EK make blocks for the motherboard in question. 

A good place to shop for parts is from performancepcs  .EKWB will ship to almost anywhere in the world too. You never said if you.your dad wants rigid/soft tubing, that is a factor that affects the fittings you buy/need. Regardless which ever tubing option you/your dad uses, buy extra tubing as this is your first time and you will be sure to spoil some runs and waste tubing...we have all done it. How do you/your dad plan to connect/control the fans? Yes you can use the motherboard but you can also use a fan splitter to run all the fans from one connection. What about fluid?...distilled water with silver coils/biocide is always best but there are pre-mixed fluids that already has this done for you which are good too.

My father is going to upgrade his system to watercooling.

He got a 4790k, a maximus vii hero and a r9 390 sapphire nitro.

All is placed within a be quiet! silent base 800. He got pretty damn good noctua fans, so he wont need new ones for radiator.

He would like to cool the graphics card with water aswell, but it isnt necessary since it is the most quiet thingy in the system.

Now my questions:

- How much radiator can i gramp inside a silent base 800?

- What pump should i choose?

- Which cpu block?

- Is there a full cover block for the 390 sapphire out?

- Is there a block for the mainboard?

Thank you guys very much.

Budget Rig "Curable":     | FX 6300 @4.5Ghz | Asus R9 270x | Asus Crosshair IV Extreme | 16GB HyperX Beast | 120GB PNY SSD

Tablet "Buddy":                 Trekstor Wintron 10.1|

13 minutes ago, Rodniz said:

---gone---

He got pretty damn good noctua fans

----gone

As for max radiators, he can fit a 280mm on top, a 140mm in front and a 120mm in the rear however, the 280mm with the 140mm will be enough for the CPU, GPU and the motherboard if you can get all three blocks. Try to get radiators with brass internals and blocks with copper internals to help combat issues that are associated with mixing metals in waterloops. A thickness of 35mm - 40mm will be good enough for the radiators.

Use a D5 pump. The best option would be to use one with a tube reservoir rather than a bay reservoir as bay reservoirs tend to make it a bit difficult to get the front panel off to clean.

Any CPU block with mounting support for socket 115x will work for the CPU bit i like/prefer XSPC's raystorm and EK's supremacy EVO.

I don't think you can get a full cover water block for the 390 because the GPUs are custom, EKWB surly doesn't make one but you can get a universal one, which is just a block on the GPU itself and you will have to figure out how you will be cooling the rest of the GPU on your own which is unwise.

A good place to shop for parts is from performancepcs  .EKWB will ship to almost anywhere in the world too. You never said if you.your dad wants rigid/soft tubing, that is a factor that affects the fittings you buy/need. Regardless which ever tubing option you/your dad uses, buy extra tubing as this is your first time and you will be sure to spoil some runs and waste tubing...we have all done it. How do you/your dad plan to connect/control the fans? Yes you can use the motherboard but you can also use a fan splitter to run all the fans from one connection. What about fluid?...distilled water with silver coils/biocide is always best but there are pre-mixed fluids that already has this done for you which are good too.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

53 minutes ago, Leonard said:

Thank you very much!
Ill order the stuff on aquatuning. Just more comfortable in germany. I know what to look out for now.

Have a good one bud!

Budget Rig "Curable":     | FX 6300 @4.5Ghz | Asus R9 270x | Asus Crosshair IV Extreme | 16GB HyperX Beast | 120GB PNY SSD

Tablet "Buddy":                 Trekstor Wintron 10.1|