Designing a loop

So im making a loop for a gtx 1080 and my cpu, Im thinking of using a thermal-take 480mm radiator possibly ek,alpha cool or xs-pc not really sure what the difference between the manufactures are.  probably ek for the cpu and gpu block's. im debating using copper tubing or petg tubing not sure which one, no clue about pump, or resiviour, i like the look of a tall res,  i know i want to do a drain port, and preferably chrome or copper looping fittings,  and unsure of what coolant to use, what do you all recommend im using a thermal-take core p5 case, and noctua industrial f

Its a Championship not a Belt!

well first of all you shouldn't use anything from thermaltake due to their horrible company practices and bad quality components

second you should probably do a bit more research on watercooling, because if you can't choose your own components then you're definitely not ready to mix water and electronics

third, a D5 is the best pump, and you should look up performance benchmarks comparing radiators and their thickness, FPI, and fin thickness as well as what you can fit in your case

fourth, EK XSPC alphacool and bitspower are all good for a reservoid depending on what look you want

fifth, use bitspower fittings, they are the best quality

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

49 minutes ago, Enderman said:

well first of all you shouldn't use anything from thermaltake due to their horrible company practices and bad quality components

second you should probably do a bit more research on watercooling, because if you can't choose your own components then you're definitely not ready to mix water and electronics

third, a D5 is the best pump, and you should look up performance benchmarks comparing radiators and their thickness, FPI, and fin thickness as well as what you can fit in your case

fourth, EK XSPC alphacool and bitspower are all good for a reservoid depending on what look you want

fifth, use bitspower fittings, they are the best quality

I already own my thermal take case, its not bad quality at all

30 minutes ago, skullrebell said:

I already own my thermal take case, its not bad quality at all

drop it on the floor, see how much it gets dented

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

15 minutes ago, Enderman said:

its the core p5... and i think i have my parts list all on ek, supremecy evo, 250mm xres tube, xres 100 revo d5 includ pump, multiport top, xe 480mm rad, 1080fc block and backplate, 4pwm splitter , 6 peices of the 12/16 mm tube, 2 45* fittings in nickel, 4 g1/4 plugs, 1 2x45* angled fitting,  30x  hdc 16mm g1/4 fittings, ball valve, y fitting, one fill port, and 3 extenders

15mjqzn.jpg

this is what i was thinking of using for  the setup

I use all XSPC parts and have had zero problems.  

You could try the xspc d5 pump resevoir combo.

I'd definitely consider a d5 pump/res combo. They don't recommend hard tubing for your first water loop, but I did it and I was fine. It's much more difficult. Buy plenty extra tubing, because you WILL make mistakes.

10 hours ago, Enderman said:

LOL... a.) what case can be dropped safely on the floor? b.) why would you EVER do this?

Think your house is well built? Set it on fire, see how much it burns.

System: Ryzen 7 5800X - Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master - Noctua D15S Chromax - 32GB 3600 RAM - EVGA Black 2080Ti

9 hours ago, DimitriBrut said:

I'd definitely consider a d5 pump/res combo. They don't recommend hard tubing for your first water loop, but I did it and I was fine. It's much more difficult. Buy plenty extra tubing, because you WILL make mistakes.

But im not bending im using all fittings....

6 minutes ago, skullrebell said:

But im not bending im using all fittings....

Always buy extra tubing, you never know what mistakes you'll make and don't rely on the fittings to be exact either, you have a decent mockup but make sure you order extra extenders as well or plan to replace some of the fitting twists with additional straight tubing.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC: