LTT Amazon Bookmark back ? When will it be?

Saiyan

Just looking to buy some PC parts on amazon and was wondering if they got their amazon affiliate link back yet/if theres been any news about it. I haven't been able to watch every WAN show start to finish so I'm not sure if he touched on it lately. I know kind of why it got taken down but what are we (LTT subscribers) actually supposed to use the amazon link for? Just pc parts ?

PCPartPicker: z97 Gaming 5 | 750w Photon | 850 Series 250gb SSD | Phanteks Enthoo Pro | LG25um56-P | Corsair K70 RGB | Asus Strix 970 4gb | WD Blue 1TB | Logitech G502 | i7-4790k | H100i GTX w/ (Noctua NF-F12's) | HyperX Fury Black 1x8gb 1866 | NZXT Hue+ |  ATR2500 | ATH-M50x |

Pretty sure bookmarking was what got them into trouble. Has to be actual links if I understood correctly.

1 minute ago, Rune said:

Pretty sure bookmarking was what got them into trouble. Has to be actual links if I understood correctly.

Meaning .. He has to post it when he wants us to use it kinda thing? I don't see the difference. If the link is available people will use it for whatever it is they want to buy to help LTT out.

PCPartPicker: z97 Gaming 5 | 750w Photon | 850 Series 250gb SSD | Phanteks Enthoo Pro | LG25um56-P | Corsair K70 RGB | Asus Strix 970 4gb | WD Blue 1TB | Logitech G502 | i7-4790k | H100i GTX w/ (Noctua NF-F12's) | HyperX Fury Black 1x8gb 1866 | NZXT Hue+ |  ATR2500 | ATH-M50x |

1 minute ago, Saiyan said:

Meaning .. He has to post it when he wants us to use it kinda thing? I don't see the difference. If the link is available people will use it for whatever it is they want to buy to help LTT out.

It is dumb, yes. But thats what amazon wants I guess.

Amazon wants to reward the person who gives them business.  IE the person recommending the specific product.  LTT was asking you to give them the reward for everything!   This causes 2 problems... 1st LTT could be taking the reward that someone else earned.  2nd and probably more important, if you went to amazon.com directly and bought a product amazon would have to pay out to LTT instead of keeping that profit for them-self!

Computer: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ZczbWZ ~$950

Computer w/ Peripherals: http://pcpartpicker.com/b/mZNNnQ ~$1650

Case: Blue s340 painted black CPU: 4790K OC to 4.5MHz Cooler: Dark Rock 3 GPU: Powercolor R9-290 MOBO: z97 MSI Gaming 5 RAM: Fury HyperX 2x8GB 1866Mhz PSU: Corsair rm750x Storage: 250GB 850 EVO & 1TB WD Black HeadPhones: HD598 SE Speakers: MAckie CR4 SE Keyboard: K70 Cherry-Brown Mouse: G9x Fans: Prolimatech Vortex 140mm

A lot of YouTubers had people bookmark their affiliate link, and I even looked into doing it myself. But reading through the Amazon Associate terms and conditions, it's very obvious that asking people to use an affiliate link as a bookmark is against the rules. Also, from what I understand, they keep track of the pages the links are linked from, and using a bookmark would not even give an affiliate commission since there is no referral page.