Diffrence between k and not k

hello im wondering whats the diffrence between  i5-6600 and  i5-660k

K = overclockable 

non K = cant overclock without doing sketchy shit if you can still even do that

Both can be overclocked, but the i5-6600 can only be overclocked by changing it's base clock. The i5-6600K allows you to do that and to change it's clock speed multiplier. The latter is what you'd want to do a lot of serious overclocking.

so if im not going to overclock can i just take the non k for the cheaper price ?

1 minute ago, SilverDuckie said:

so if im not going to overclock can i just take the non k for the cheaper price ?

Absolutely.

You also won't need a beefier CPU cooler if you aren't overclocking, the one that comes in the i5-6600's box will do fine. Also, you might be able to save some money with an H170 motherboard, since you won't need the Z170 chipset if you won't overclock.

2 minutes ago, SilverDuckie said:

yep

i7 4790K | 4.5ghz @1.19v / 1080 ti strix oc  / Asus Z97 Pro Gamer  / 970 Evo 500GB | 850 Evo 500GB / Corsair 780t white|window  

PG279Q | VG248QE/ Corsair ax860i   /   Corsair H110i GTX   /  Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 2400mhz /

1 minute ago, valdyrgramr said:

Can't.  Intel stopped that with a code fix.

cant you still downgrade your BIOS or use a hacked/modded BIOS to do it

5 minutes ago, GreezyJeezy said:

cant you still downgrade your BIOS or use a hacked/modded BIOS to do it

4 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Probably, but that's a high chance of bricking.

I do that, I use the F5g version which is not listed on gigabytes website. Official if F5 which does not support ocing

Build

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1600, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7. TeamGroup Viper 4133mhz 16gb, XFX RX 480 8 GB (1000mhz cause dying), Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB M.2 SSD, An old 1tb 5400 rpm 2.5" HDD, TeamGroup 480gb & Kingston 480gb ssds (May RAID 0), 1TB Western Ditigal HDD, EVGA 750W G2 PSU, Phanteks P400s

----------X-----------X------------

13 minutes ago, SilverDuckie said:

is  MSI B150M BAZOOKA  ok ??

Yes, I think so. B150 is the low-end Intel chipset, appropriate for very simple systems. But assuming you only intend to use a single video card and not a lot of other expansion cards, it's probably all you need.

im also trying to find a good gpu but the pc builder just shows 

MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Aero OC

and not the

MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X

is it any BIG diffrence

9 hours ago, typographie said:

Yes, I think so. B150 is the low-end Intel chipset, appropriate for very simple systems. But assuming you only intend to use a single video card and not a lot of other expansion cards, it's probably all you need.

what about h110

Build

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1600, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7. TeamGroup Viper 4133mhz 16gb, XFX RX 480 8 GB (1000mhz cause dying), Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB M.2 SSD, An old 1tb 5400 rpm 2.5" HDD, TeamGroup 480gb & Kingston 480gb ssds (May RAID 0), 1TB Western Ditigal HDD, EVGA 750W G2 PSU, Phanteks P400s

6 hours ago, DeezNoNos said:

what about h110

I didn't realize this until I checked, but H110 seems to have less of everything versus B150. It has the older DMI 2.0 link, PCIe 2.0 lanes provided by the chipset instead of PCIe 3.0, and fewer USB and SATA ports. I'd probably recommend a B150 board over it, unless you're saving a ton of money and it's still good enough to meet your needs.

http://ark.intel.com/products/90592/Intel-GL82B150-PCH

http://ark.intel.com/products/90590/Intel-GL82H110-PCH

3 hours ago, typographie said:

I didn't realize this until I checked, but H110 seems to have less of everything versus B150. It has the older DMI 2.0 link, PCIe 2.0 lanes provided by the chipset instead of PCIe 3.0, and fewer USB and SATA ports. I'd probably recommend a B150 board over it, unless you're saving a ton of money and it's still good enough to meet your needs.

http://ark.intel.com/products/90592/Intel-GL82B150-PCH

http://ark.intel.com/products/90590/Intel-GL82H110-PCH

Well the cheapest costs around 50 bucks

Build

Spoiler