CPU and Motherboard Recomendation

Looking to build a gaming PC and Need some help picking out the right parts. My budget is $1000-1100 and I have no clue what CPU or Motherboard will suit my needs.  So if I could have some help pick out the CPU and Motherboard that is good of gaming. I don't think I will be overclocking but would like to see how much more it costs for component that can be overclocking.I can figure out the other component after I know what my CPU and Motherboard are going to be.  

Thank you for any help that was given 

It really depends on what you need. On that budget I think it's worth going with something that could help you improve performance in the future, so a "K" CPU and a Z170 chipset motherboard. If you're going to do only gaming, I recommend i5 6600K. It's everything you need for gaming when you pair it up with a good GPU. I recommend just going to a website on which you're going to buy you parts and looking at Z170 motherboards. Just look if it has all the ports you need, if the color scheme fits you etc, there is not much difference as long as it's a Z170 motherboard. Annything from MSI, Gigabyte, Asus, Asrock. 

20 minutes ago, corgiknight said:

Looking to build a gaming PC and Need some help picking out the right parts. My budget is $1000-1100 and I have no clue what CPU or Motherboard will suit my needs.  So if I could have some help pick out the CPU and Motherboard that is good of gaming. I don't think I will be overclocking but would like to see how much more it costs for component that can be overclocking.I can figure out the other component after I know what my CPU and Motherboard are going to be.  

Thank you for any help that was given 

Will you be doing anything other than gaming? Like video editing, transcoding, etc? Also you say your budget is between $1,000 and $1,100 is this for the entire system? If so what other components have you picked out already if any?

I personally suggest Amd, because it delivers about the same performance for less money. I would pick a FX one, well, for the motherboard, make sure it has enough ports for you (how many usb and sata devices you usually have connected.

6 minutes ago, Random Mark said:

I personally suggest Amd, because it delivers about the same performance for less money. I would pick a FX one, well, for the motherboard, make sure it has enough ports for you (how many usb and sata devices you usually have connected.

I will need to disagree. AMD is a cheap, budget choice most of the time and a $1100 budget is enough to afford a quality CPU, like an i5 6600K, without the need to cut on other components. Even going with an i5 6500 and a cheaper, non Z170 motherboard would be a better choice. 

EDIT: Another thing is that AMD chips are based on an old architecture and that makes them a lot less power efficient, you're getting worse performance (that's a fact, an i3 CPU can match or sometimes beat a 6 core FX CPU) for a lot more power consumption.