Galaxy s6 not charging

Today my Galaxy S6 stopped being able to charge from the wall adapter and cable. I tried using a mix of 4 different USB cables and 4 different wall adapters, neither seemed to charge the device. The device now only charges through the USB ports on my computer with any of the fore-mentioned usb cables. I cleaned out the USB port of the device to receive no results as well. Also, when my device is plugged into my PC to charge (I am running Windows 10 and used USB 3.0 port(s)), it comes up with an error message every other time randomly, either stating that: "The last USB device you connected to this computer has malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognise it.", or simply bringing up the device on windows explorer as "Name's Galaxy S6" with no files inside (even though clearly it has files/folders etc. Any help re-guarding this will be greatly appreciated. 

Update: The phone also charges EXTREMELY slowly on the PC's connection.

As huilun02 stated, its most likely the battery dying.

However you could still try to do a factory reset on your phone and hope that this fixes it, if you send it in they are going to do that anyway and probably you dont want to send in a phone with all your personal informations on it either, so nothing to loose here.

For why it does only charge from the PC:

because the PC charges with lower Voltage, so assuming the battery is dying/overheating, its probably an overvolt protection from the wall-charging which the PC does not (always) trigger due to it sending way less electricity to charge in the first place.

For windows not recognising the phone:

Try it on a different PC if you can and see if it would work there, if not you know for 99% its the phone.

And well, once something does not seem to work properly, windows wont exactly let it have accsess to your PC. Which is most likely the reason for why it does not show up most of the time. (Had the same with an USB hub where the HUB-USB connector broke off, which I soldered back on and even though the HUB-LED lights windows refuses to recognise the hub as anything, on 2PC's with different OS)

You could also try to exchange the battery yourself, you can easily get a original one on amazon or ebay for 15$~.

If its correct and the battery is build is, its still not impossible with some how-to videos - but fairly certain that voids warranty.

And always keep in mind, buying a cellphone with a build in battery is pretty much the same as buying a car with non-removable wheels. :ph34r:

@Nord or quote me if you want me to reply back. I don't necessarily check back or subscribe to every topic.

Amdahls law > multicore CPU.