Can't get xbone controller to work

I found a mirrors edge catalyst xbone controller, however I can't seem to get it to work though. It doesn't detect any drivers when I plug it in and it doesn't work with any of the drivers I've downloaded from Microsoft. I'm running win 7 64b. Anyone else have this controller and have been able to get it to work?

GPU - 2x GTX 970 g1 gaming (sli) CPU - I5 4690k 4.6Ghz Cooler - Kraken x61 PSU - Corsair ax760 RAM - 32gb Corsair vengeance pro 2400mhz Storage - 730 Series SSD 240gb Case - Phantek enthoo pro

Im not exactly sure. I bought a xbone controller and also got one of the xbox wireless adapter usb things that plugs into your pc. Those are pretty cheap and are like 25 bucks. Plug and play basically. Tho idk if the controller works if its just plu/ed in or not. Havent tested

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

1 hour ago, That_Random_Guy said:

Im not exactly sure. I bought a xbone controller and also got one of the xbox wireless adapter usb things that plugs into your pc. Those are pretty cheap and are like 25 bucks. Plug and play basically. Tho idk if the controller works if its just plu/ed in or not. Havent tested

It's a wired controller, a wireless and an adapter is $60 on amazon which is not really worth it to me.

GPU - 2x GTX 970 g1 gaming (sli) CPU - I5 4690k 4.6Ghz Cooler - Kraken x61 PSU - Corsair ax760 RAM - 32gb Corsair vengeance pro 2400mhz Storage - 730 Series SSD 240gb Case - Phantek enthoo pro

18 hours ago, King Oriax said:

It's a wired controller, a wireless and an adapter is $60 on amazon which is not really worth it to me.

never buy from amazon imo unless you have to. my local bestbuy has them for $25 USD and didnt know they made xbox one controllers wired. i though all were wireless for the most part.

mind linking me to that controller to take a look at?

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables