PPD Goes up when I turn folding down.

Hey guys,

New to this, I've been running F@H for a few days now and the first couple days I was getting around 9k PPD running at full boar on an 8120 and a 7970. Today has been a little warm and my VRM has been getting hot so I turned it down to like and now my CPU alone is running 20k PPD. Is this just a mistake? Were my numbers before the ones that were wrong?  

Your GPU requires some CPU power to be able to fold. It's no surprise that the TPF on the CPU will decrease with no GPU working. How long have/had you been running to get these estimates? It takes a while to settle. When I start folding in the morning it takes some time to stop swinging between 12K and 93K. 

Intel 3770K @ 4.4GHz (Summer) - 4.6GHz (Winter) / Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe / EVGA GTX 680 /w Arctic Twin Turbo II / 16GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1866MHz / Samsung 840 Pro 128GB (Steam) / OCZ Vertex 4 128GB (Boot/Office/Steam) / Seagate Barracuda 2TB x2 (RAID 1, Storage) / Asus Xonar D2X / OCZ 1250W ZX / H80i /w 2 x Gentle Typhoons / Cooler Master HAF X /w Pioneer Blu Ray, Aerocool V12XT, 4 x Cooler Master MegaFlows (Red) / Logitech Z906, G930, G19 & G700

If you running Full with a 7970 and only getting 9k PPD - something seriously wrong with your GPU, let alone your CPU. :)

You should be netting a lot more PPD - is your slider on Full or Medium?

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

If you running Full with a 7970 and only getting 9k PPD - something seriously wrong with your GPU, let alone your CPU. :)

You should be netting a lot more PPD - is your slider on Full or Medium?

It was on full but I hadn't yet added the setting to get the Core 17 cores. I did it and it just went up to 80k. CPU also seems to be holding steady around 8-10k now. 

It was on full but I hadn't yet added the setting to get the Core 17 cores. I did it and it just went up to 80k. CPU also seems to be holding steady around 8-10k now. 

be sure to have a cpu core free for your gpu

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

try to install the latest drivers. then set the beta flags first pause the folds then under configure>>>gpu>>>add>>>add>>>name type-client value advanced then save and restart F@H and resume.

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular