GTX 780 ti bottlenecking.

Hi, so basically i want to buy a gtx 780 ti off craigslist for cheap because i dont do 4k gaming and i do 1080p and 1440p but i dont want to spend a whole bunch on the new 10 series when i could spend $150 for what i need.  The card i am buying is a gtx 780 ti classified edition. I watched a tech quicke on bottlenecking and got worried about my pc specs bottlenecking the performance of this graphics card. My specs Are

CPU: i5-3550 (3.3ghz quad core)

MOBO: MSI H61M-P31/W8

RAM: 16gb g.skill 1333mhz dual channel cas 9 ram (i dont know the part number of the ram but that should be enough)

PSU: EVGA 850w fully modular 

my game storage is stored on a samsung 850 evo 500gb ssd if that effects anything. I just want to know if my specs would bottleneck the performance of this graphics card. Thank you.

5 minutes ago, Enjinuser321 said:

Hi, so basically i want to buy a gtx 780 ti off craigslist for cheap because i dont do 4k gaming and i do 1080p and 1440p but i dont want to spend a whole bunch on the new 10 series when i could spend $150 for what i need.  The card i am buying is a gtx 780 ti classified edition. I watched a tech quicke on bottlenecking and got worried about my pc specs bottlenecking the performance of this graphics card. My specs Are

RAM: 16gb g.skill 1333mhz dual channel cas 9 ram (i dont know the part number of the ram but that should be enough)

my game storage is stored on a samsung 850 evo 500gb ssd if that effects anything. I just want to know if my specs would bottleneck the performance of this graphics card. Thank you.

it shoud be fine.

6 minutes ago, Enjinuser321 said:

Though i should point out that you can't say a cpu wont bottleneck a card, a bottleneck is where one part of the system is maxed out (100%) load and another part isn't but it cant do anymore because its bottle necked. For example in a non cpu intensive game, an i3 may not bottleneck a 1080, but in a cpu intensive game it would. Your i5 should be ok for most games, arma 3  might be an issue buts that about it. 

That CPU is a good match for that GPU if you do 1080p with some anti-aliasing for example in modern games the GPU should be your limiting factor in most games which is what you want it's all fine that CPU is considered mid-range it's a good quad-core nothing fancy but will get the job done in just about any games so long as you're not trying to push super high-end graphics cards to a locked 120FPS you'll find that CPU to do just fine i'm sure.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

one last question. Should i get the R9 390 8gb or the gtx 780 ti

3 hours ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

That CPU is a good match for that GPU if you do 1080p with some anti-aliasing for example in modern games the GPU should be your limiting factor in most games which is what you want it's all fine that CPU is considered mid-range it's a good quad-core nothing fancy but will get the job done in just about any games so long as you're not trying to push super high-end graphics cards to a locked 120FPS you'll find that CPU to do just fine i'm sure.

1 minute ago, Enjinuser321 said:

one last question. Should i get the R9 390 8gb or the gtx 780 ti

390 hands down if they are priced similar and your PSU can handle it it's better than the 780ti in most games, has more memory, support more DX12 features than kepler cards and driver optimisation is kicking in strong on these where as the 780ti is no longer in Nvidia's radar for them it's an obsolete product in end of life status although still very relevant and powerful i can't recommend a 780ti over a 390 for most users...unless you really need shadowplay or gamestream if you have a shield for example or a gsync monitor...otherwise get the AMD card...it's probably newer as well they came out a while after the 780ti.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR