Arma 3 vs BF4

fredey

They are very different games. You should be able to play the BF4 beta for free, so try that out. Then I guess watch some Arma 3 videos and see which one you like better.

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

Arma, because fuck EA. Not to mention BF4 is about double the price of Arma to remain playable.

"Say it, do it, preach it, shout it, but never, absolutely never, believe your own bullshit"   

Credited with the whole female avatar trend

Your thoughts here http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/67178-your-top-three/

Arma is so big and fun with friends (as far as i know bf4 is that too)

but they are very different games, altough arma has big modding capabillites and is cheaper than bf4

Arma is COOP, strategy, realism, teamwork... 

apples and oranges...I have more fun with battlefield 4 (beta) generally but I think a lot more when playing arma 3, gotta slow it down with this game. Arma 3 maxed out is beautiful, cant say the same for battlefield 4 but again hard to judge while in beta. 

cool thanks for the opinions :)

Ok i haven't tried the beta of bf4 (only premium user) but i have arma 3... if you're looking into a more "arcade" game than choose bf4, you can have a lot of fun. I would suggest you to buy arma 3 if you want to have a more tactical experience in general. since it is a game just for pc the A.I. is one of the best ever created and this game is pratically endless since everyday they add tons of mission through the steam workshop... also there are a lot of mods and scipts to download... Did i mention the Editor? You can basically create your own mission to play (both single and multiplayer)... Last thing, the map is 270 km squared... so yeah............

Corsair C70|i7 3930K|Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600Mhz|Asrock x79 Extreme6|Samsung SSD 256GB|WD Green 3TB|Corsair H100i|Corsair TX750m |GTX 780 Palit Super JetStream (review here https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/54814-palit-gtx780-superjetstream-review/ )  -_-|

STILL LEARNING ENGLISH  :P  :P  :P

Depends what kind of combat you want. Do you want more freedom, realistic combat and you're willing to dedicate yourself to heavy teamwork, go ARMA. If you want semi-realistic, "holy shit that was awesome!" moments and a fast paced shooter, go BF4.

You cannot play ARMA without friends. I cannot emphasise this enough. BF4 works fine without friends.

ARMA has 'Holy shit that was awesome!' moments too

AMD Phenom II x4 955 - Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3 - XFX HD7870 CORE - 60 GB OCZ Agility 3 - 1 TB Western Digital Green - 1 TB Hitachi DeskStar

OCZ ModXstream 600W - 16 GB Corsair XMS3 - Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus - Logitech G110 - Speedlink Kudos - Sennheiser HD 518

Steam The reason I am still alive Dark Theme

At this point, I'd pick BF4 as I've been rather disappointed with Arma 3.

Arma is plainly a battlefield simulator. It's way more realistic and really gets you in the battlezone. Battlefield is more of a run and gun type of game and depending on what kinda style you like, may or may not be more fun.

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

I want to buy one of them but dont know which any opinions?

Apples and Oranges.

Both are Awesome though.

You are not a super soldier in Arma, so throw any ideas you have about most FPS games

no jump, 1 bullet can kill..... falls from heights can injure or kill you.

Battlefield 4 is looking to be what BF3 SHOULD have been.

but if you want Premium it's going to cost you over $100

for the base game and Premium digital subscription unless

you wait for a few months for the the real Premium edition is released.

It's simply unfair to compare the 2 because they aim to accomplish 2 different things. BF4 creates epic adrenaline rush moments while mainaining a somewhat realistic tre focused play style and Arma aims to be imply as realistic as possible which some people may think

is fun and other may not. Arma is simply slower in order to be more of a similator. If you want that real military feel go arma if you want action packed adrenaline moments (which arma has as well at times) then go bf4.

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

Arma does have modes simulator to Battlefield.

Advance and Secure (Short name: AAS)  is a flag capture mode with reviving, Ammo crates at flags, Self-healing at flags.

But you are still not a super soldier.

I haven't tried out BF4 yet, but from what i've been hearing, go with Arma.

AMD FX-8320 @ 4.3 ghz | Corsair H60 (Push/Pull)|  8GB Kingston Hyper X DDR3 1.6 ghz | Sapphire HD 7870 Oc'd | Biostar TA970 MOBO OCZ 750w  PSU | 2TB HDD + 120gb Kingston V300 SSD| Coolermaster CM Storm Enforcer Case | SoundBlaster Audigy SE  Windows 7                                                                                      "I am a leaf on the wind, watch me..."   "You know nothing Jon Snauhh" "Take the risk of thinking for yourself, much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way."

/Steam Profile/Folding@home stats/TekSyndicate Fourms/  \m/  RIP David Gold (1980-2011) \m/ RIP Peter Steele (1962-2010) \m/ RIP Chuck Schuldiner (1967-2001) \m/ RIP Dio (1942-2010) \m/ RIP Cliff Burton (1962-1986) \m/ RIP Dime (1966-2004)

• 4 weeks later...

Eh, I've been pretty disappointed with Arma III. If I were you I'd pick up BF4. Unless you've got a few good friends to play Arma with you're not going to have much fun, the game by itself is... fairly boring and slow to say the least.

They are both different games but currently i would go with BF4. Reasons for this is ive picked up Arma 3 for 35 euros and i have been rather disappointing because the release was a mess, not all missions are in the game, fps is horrendous in MP and the mods have not developed yet and generally it has less content than Arma 2 but it does have less bugs but there is still a ton of them compared to other games so i would rather wait for first steam sale and buy Arma 3 then, currently its just a mess...

AMD Radeon 7870 Gigabyte OC / Intel i5 3570k / ASrock Z77 Pro4 /Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / WD Blue 500GB 7200rpm / Kingston HyperX T1 2x4GB 1600mhz / SeaSonic 520w M12 / Thermaltake v4 Black

COD Ghosts has some of the best fish ever. So I'd go with that.

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

COD Ghosts has some of the best fish ever. So I'd go with that.

This.

BF4, Instant action and fun, Arma III is for playing with friends and basically making your own fun. I'd go BF4

whcih ever has the least amount of noobs

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.