The "Phalanx"

TallZXDriver

I will use this thread to document my system as I upgrade and clean up my water cooling loop. This was my first attempt at water cooling and I am mostly happy but I have learned quite a few things since doing it that I would like to apply to my setup.

Here is my rig as she sits now.

-I7 3770k

-EVGA GTX 670FTW

-ASUS Sabertooth Motherboard

-32GB GSkill sniper 1866 RAM

-EVGA 750G power supply

IMG_4370_zpsb420192c.jpg

IMG_4366_zps76a0e845.jpg

Things I have planned:

- Remove HDD cages and mount HDDs in 5.25 bays

- Manufacture custom shroud to cover power supply and plumbing for water cooling as well as create a mounting point for res

- Clean all components while I have the system drained

- Clean up tubing runs inside system

- Integrate drain port inside system

- Replace cold cathode UV lighting with LEDs

- Replace side window with solid one

Here is the cheesy drawing I have done for myself to kind of start planning my runs and the parts I need to order.

IMG_4370_zps9c4dd771.jpg

Looks SWEET! I have been interested in whether or not you could fit a 120 rad in the back and then a 2x120 in the top. (I own a 650D, it's more or less the same right?)

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

They are similar but I think the 650d is a little longer and taller since it has an extra 5.25 bat and a little more cable management space.

Hey bro, what coolant, tubing, and fans do you have? I love the color.

Coolant- EK UV Green non-conductive coolant

Fans- On the radiators I have Gelid Wings, the front LED fans are silverstone air penetraters

Tubing- XSPC UV green 1/2"ID 3/4"OD tubing

Very nice, I like how you've sort of wrapped the tubes around each other from the CPU > Radiator > GPU.

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

by far this is one of the coolest water cooling builds i have seen in this forum :) good work man

Some updates from today:

I ordered a 2x5.25 bay to mount my hard drives in. I decided to go with an air cooled one so hopefully I will get more positive air pressure in the case. I also didnt trust the stock 80mm fan in the bay cooler to be quiet so I ordered a Noctua 80mm fan to install as well.

IMG_4583_zpsaa324d2f.jpg

IMG_4584_zps0345777d.jpg

IMG_4586_zps29aedfe7.jpg

IMG_4587_zps922c932b.jpg

I went ahead and installed it on my rig just to see what it will look like. I am not going to move any drives to it until I am ready to disassemble and start modding the case.

IMG_4588_zpse3c955d2.jpg

IMG_4589_zpsf01ecb40.jpg

I also ordered the bulkhead adapters I need and am going to go to the store tomorrow and get some sheet metal and supplies to start on the internal case mods as well as a solid window to go on the side. I think I have decided to go with true glass on the side instead of plexi. I am going to get everything built and painted before I disassemble my PC so hopefully I can have minimal down time. I think I have decided I am going to pull the mesh out of the hard drive bay and paint it OD green as well.

Some updates from today:

I ordered a 2x5.25 bay to mount my hard drives in. I decided to go with an air cooled one so hopefully I will get more positive air pressure in the case. I also didnt trust the stock 80mm fan in the bay cooler to be quiet so I ordered a Noctua 80mm fan to install as well.

IMG_4583_zpsaa324d2f.jpg

IMG_4584_zps0345777d.jpg

IMG_4586_zps29aedfe7.jpg

IMG_4587_zps922c932b.jpg

I went ahead and installed it on my rig just to see what it will look like. I am not going to move any drives to it until I am ready to disassemble and start modding the case.

IMG_4588_zpse3c955d2.jpg

IMG_4589_zpsf01ecb40.jpg

I also ordered the bulkhead adapters I need and am going to go to the store tomorrow and get some sheet metal and supplies to start on the internal case mods as well as a solid window to go on the side. I think I have decided to go with true glass on the side instead of plexi. I am going to get everything built and painted before I disassemble my PC so hopefully I can have minimal down time. I think I have decided I am going to pull the mesh out of the hard drive bay and paint it OD green as well.

hey man was that an apple logo on the tube in the pic on top lol

Some updates from today:

IMG_4583_zpsaa324d2f.jpg

IMG_4584_zps0345777d.jpg

IMG_4586_zps29aedfe7.jpg

IMG_4587_zps922c932b.jpg

IMG_4588_zpse3c955d2.jpg

IMG_4589_zpsf01ecb40.jpg

Everyone seems to always find that. I threw the sticker on there to annoy a buddy. It has since come off but those are really the only pictures I have and I am too lazy to take some more.

WOW looks so good, AWESOME job

| Contact Information |
My Teamspeak : Austs1.gameservers.com:9334  |  Steam: Iamtictac456  |  My other aliases include Scruffy and Scruffy Biggems :)