Alienware X51 With 650TI

SuperShermanTanker

So I have a Alienware X51 with a Core i3 3220, 6gb of ram, 1tb HDD, and a GeForce GTX 645 GPU I have all the power requirements calculated out and the machine will handle the 650ti power wise but I don't know about the temps will my Alienware X51 handle a non blower style cooler

It will be fine

| CPU: AMD FX 8350 + H100i | GPU: AMD R9 290X + NZXT Kraken | RAM: HyperX Beast 2033 16GB | PSU: EVGA G2 | MOBO: ASRock 970M |

| CASE: Corsair Carbide 88R |STORAGE: 1x WD Black | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: R.A.T 9 |

SOMETIMES LOSING THE BATTLE, MEANS YOU CAN WIN THE WAR

3 minutes ago, SuperShermanTanker said:

So I have a Alienware X51 with a Core i3 3220, 6gb of ram, 1tb HDD, and a GeForce GTX 645 GPU I have all the power requirements calculated out and the machine will handle the 650ti power wise but I don't know about the temps will my Alienware X51 handle a non blower style cooler

It should be fine but why did you buy an X51?

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

4 minutes ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

Because he did. No need to ask. just answer his question

| CPU: Core i7-4790K  |  Motherboard:  MSI Gaming Z97 GAMING 5 LGA 1150  |  CPU Cooler:  NZXT Kraken X61 |
| GPU: Single 8GB EVGA GTX 1070 FTW |  RAMCorsair Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR3 1600 MHz |  CaseCorsair 330R Titanium Edition

1 minute ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

It's my old gaming desktop that I bought a few years ago before I started building computers in 2015 the machine now sits as a spare desktop used for LAN partys and for a friend to play on when they come over I just wanted to see if it will handle my 650ti because I want to toss it in the Alienware after my RX 480 arrives for my main machine

14 minutes ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

And you complained to me about this. He bought an X51 because he wanted to, it was obviously a while ago due to the parts list, or he may have gotten a bargain. Not everyone is a tippity top builder like you.

| CPU: AMD FX 8350 + H100i | GPU: AMD R9 290X + NZXT Kraken | RAM: HyperX Beast 2033 16GB | PSU: EVGA G2 | MOBO: ASRock 970M |

| CASE: Corsair Carbide 88R |STORAGE: 1x WD Black | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: R.A.T 9 |

SOMETIMES LOSING THE BATTLE, MEANS YOU CAN WIN THE WAR

instead of the 650Ti, why dont you get the GTX 960 Mini?

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

2 minutes ago, dragoon20005 said:

instead of the 650Ti, why dont you get the GTX 960 Mini?

I already own the 650ti I'm just simply moving it from one machine to another because I ordered the RX 480 for my custom built desktop

1 minute ago, SuperShermanTanker said:

I already own the 650ti I'm just simply moving it from one machine to another because I ordered the RX 480 for my custom built desktop

oh i see

sorry

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Well I just tested it and it ran but it overheated the machine so I can't put the 650ti in the alienware because it's got no exhaust airlflow in it because the GPU and CPU are supposed to dump their heat right out of the back of the machine by being blower style and there is no way for the air to be blown out of the case with a non blower style cooler so all the heat does is just build up until the machine shuts down from the heat and the only case fan there is is a 50mm intake fan just for cooling the hard drive and thats it and it isn't powerful enough to handle any non blower style gpu