What is this worth?

Hey all, I have a Late 2009 iMac. Specs:

1920x1080 21.5 inch display

3.06Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo

500gb HDD

12GB 1067mhz DDR3 RAM (2 x 4GB sticks + 2 x 2GB sticks)

Nvidia Geforce 9400 (256mb VRAM)

It's in super good condition, not a single scratch or dent or anything, just a few fingerprints and scuffs which can be washed off and cleaned. I wiped the drive and re-installed the newest version of MacOS, and it's suprisingly fast. I was installing steam, chrome, dropbox, spotify, and other things while constantly opening and re-opening iTunes, chrome, and other apps, including streaming two 1080p videos at the same time on two different instances of Chrome as well as one 1080p on safari. It blazed through all of this like a champ.

What do you think it is worth? 

I'd say probably 500$ (Or atleast that's the max I'd pay for one) the 2009's are getting out of date, and with the newer series more people will be buying them.

| CPU: AMD FX 8350 + H100i | GPU: AMD R9 290X + NZXT Kraken | RAM: HyperX Beast 2033 16GB | PSU: EVGA G2 | MOBO: ASRock 970M |

| CASE: Corsair Carbide 88R |STORAGE: 1x WD Black | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: R.A.T 9 |

SOMETIMES LOSING THE BATTLE, MEANS YOU CAN WIN THE WAR

1 minute ago, SherifsDog22 said:

I'd say probably 500$ (Or atleast that's the max I'd pay for one) the 2009's are getting out of date, and with the newer series more people will be buying them.

Wow that's a lot. That's awesome. 

2 minutes ago, sirbonneville said:

Wow that's a lot. That's awesome. 

That's based off of what I would pay max, and even then, I doubt I would buy an IMac, as CDS posted, go off of them, but relate it to the condition of yours, and the specs listed.

| CPU: AMD FX 8350 + H100i | GPU: AMD R9 290X + NZXT Kraken | RAM: HyperX Beast 2033 16GB | PSU: EVGA G2 | MOBO: ASRock 970M |

| CASE: Corsair Carbide 88R |STORAGE: 1x WD Black | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: R.A.T 9 |

1 minute ago, SherifsDog22 said:

That's based off of what I would pay max, and even then, I doubt I would buy an IMac, as CDS posted, go off of them, but relate it to the condition of yours, and the specs listed.

I have yet to see a 2009 iMac on ebay that has 12gb or over in ram so far so thats something 

1 minute ago, sirbonneville said:

I have yet to see a 2009 iMac on ebay that has 12gb or over in ram so far so thats something 

As long as the condition is good, but yeah, look around various selling sites, compare prices to parts etc. Then price it accordingly to that

2 minutes ago, SherifsDog22 said:

As long as the condition is good, but yeah, look around various selling sites, compare prices to parts etc. Then price it accordingly to that

will do. the condition is excellent. a quick dusting and washing and you wouldnt know it was used 

11 minutes ago, sirbonneville said:

Hey all, I have a Late 2009 iMac. Specs:

1920x1080 21.5 inch display

3.06Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo

500gb HDD

12GB 1067mhz DDR3 RAM (2 x 4GB sticks + 2 x 2GB sticks)

Nvidia Geforce 9400 (256mb VRAM)

It's in super good condition, not a single scratch or dent or anything, just a few fingerprints and scuffs which can be washed off and cleaned. I wiped the drive and re-installed the newest version of MacOS, and it's suprisingly fast. I was installing steam, chrome, dropbox, spotify, and other things while constantly opening and re-opening iTunes, chrome, and other apps, including streaming two 1080p videos at the same time on two different instances of Chrome as well as one 1080p on safari. It blazed through all of this like a champ.

What do you think it is worth? 

If you get $500 for it I'd be surprised.  I'd say $450-400 is the average price.  If you put it up on ebay 2-3 times you MIGHT get some sap to buy it for $500-$600.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

1 minute ago, JefferyD90 said:

If you get $500 for it I'd be surprised.  I'd say $450-400 is the average price.  If you put it up on ebay 2-3 times you MIGHT get some sap to buy it for $500-$600.

I am le sap :P

7 minutes ago, cdsboy2000 said:

Oh wow, even less than I thought!  I know that Mac's depreciate after they get end of life.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

1 minute ago, JefferyD90 said:

awesome. better yet, i got this thing for free today, so maybe thats a free $375-550 for me.. 

2 minutes ago, sirbonneville said:

awesome. better yet, i got this thing for free today, so maybe thats a free $375-550 for me.. 

Yea, they're selling on eBay for $200, and for that price I'd totally consider buying one myself.  But I have no need for a Mac at this point other than dinking around with it...  And I don't have that much money laying around to just dink around with.

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, JefferyD90 said:

Oh wow, even less than I thought!  I know that Mac's depreciate after they get end of life.

You could always run it as a home server :) That's what I use my old laptop for.

6 minutes ago, cdsboy2000 said:

You could always run it as a home server :) That's what I use my old laptop for.

I use my Raspberry Pi as a home server.  It cost $35 and STILL does more out of the box than a bran new Mac.

Spoiler

I would say $300 - $400

I'm a fucking AMD kawaii weeaboo desu I have seen the light

i5 6600k EVGA 980 FTW Z170A PC Mate 1TB WD Blue240GB SSD Plus NZXT S340 | EVGA 600b  | Dedotated 8GB