New Windows 10 Upgrade

Go to solution Solved by GoodBytes,

Clean install Windows 10, using Microsoft Media Creation Tool, and use your Windows 7/8 key.

Keep in mind, during the install, Windows will ask your for an Windows 10 product it, click on "I don't have one". Once Windows 10 is installed, go to Start > Settings > Update & Security > Activation, and there enter your Windows 7/8 key, and it will activate.

Dear Awesome People,

I am upgrading my parents computer tonight to Windows 10. My Mother's old 500gb HDD has gone far off the deep end so I decided to get her an SSD while I was at it. I plan on using the Windows 10 Free Upgrade and wanted to know what the best way to upgrade it would be. I have 1 old 500gb HDD and a new 250 GB SSD and 250 GB HDD. What would be the best way to upgrade her computer and do the registration? Just do an entirely new windows install on the SSD (Using her old Windows Key) and then transfer over files from the old drive to where I want them on the new SSD and HDD? Or should I select the SSD through the Windows 10 upgrade manager?

Suggestions? Questions? Emotional Outbreaks?

Thanks,

Canto666Hades

Clean install Windows 10, using Microsoft Media Creation Tool, and use your Windows 7/8 key.

Keep in mind, during the install, Windows will ask your for an Windows 10 product it, click on "I don't have one". Once Windows 10 is installed, go to Start > Settings > Update & Security > Activation, and there enter your Windows 7/8 key, and it will activate.