Youtube videos slow in HD in Chrome

Mysticode

I have seen this issue reported all over the high seas of the internet, but never a definate fix. I am constantly battling issues with HD video playback in Chrome (latest version as of March 5th 2013), wherein the frame rate just plummets on 1080p, and is "meh" level on 720p. Anything less than 720p is a smooth frame rate.

Anyone else have this problem? No problems in Internet Explorer 9 or Firefox.

Definitely not that, I can do HD from Netflix fine, and get 20mbps down :p

Thanks for your comment though!

Have you checked your extensions to see if anything might be causing you the problem? If not try reinstalling the browser, or just use Firefox. I use Chrome cause its faster lol.

Do u have time warner internet?

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

TechTheWorld has a point. If you have the Time Warner as a service provider they are intentionally slowing down your speed. (pretty sure they don't do that for Netflix [yet])

Please quote me if you want me to see your post about my post, otherwise I may lose track of the thread and never see it.

I'd love to help, but I'm probably gonna' have to ask for more info before we can get anything done.

Have a wonderful day.

I have this exact problem on Firefox ever since I started using flash 7 and my internet upgrade. I noticed it would give me like 3-4/stuttery frame rates untill the entire video had loaded only on HD videos sometimes 720p won't lag though. I have also never came about a real fix and no it's not my Internet I have 100Mb/s down and most the time I get about 115mb/s down thanks to the wonders of fibre. It's almost as if it loads so fast it makes flash player lag, as the HTML 5 player does not lag at all. All monitorized videos are on flash player as well so I'm pretty much having a bad experience lately and just having to put up with it. Have you had it where you can't scroll down the page yet due to the lag? I feel your pain op.

TechTheWorld has a point. If you have the Time Warner as a service provider they are intentionally slowing down your speed. (pretty sure they don't do that for Netflix [yet])

Ye it slows down youtube quite a bit. I have timewarner:(

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

But there is a fix:http://teksyndicate.com/videos/tek-0048-major-isps-suck-harder-every-day

Ye I know its logan but hey...Hes a cool guy.

Not on Time Warner.

Firefox is fine, it's just chrome having the problem. Which sucks because I love Chrome for everything BUT flash.

Install latest version of Flash and Shockwave. Restart Chrome, type in URL: chrome://plugins/

Click Show Details, find theAdobe Flash Player and disable one.

Install latest version of Flash and Shockwave. Restart Chrome' date=' type in URL: chrome://plugins/ Click Show Details, find theAdobe Flash Player and disable one.

Adobe Flash Player is only showing up once o_O

What I did to fix this(as suggested by another LTT forum user).

1. Right click a YouTube video that is paused/playing(any video will do)

2. Click "Settings"

3. Go to the "Folder" icon

4. Move the slider all the way to "Unlimited", then close the settings box

You should now have full speed as usual, I was having problems before too, but this fixed it right away!

What I did to fix this(as suggested by another LTT forum user). 1. Right click a YouTube video that is paused/playing(any video will do) 2. Click "Settings" 3. Go to the "Folder" icon 4. Move the slider all the way to "Unlimited"' date=' then close the settings box You should now have full speed as usual, I was having problems before too, but this fixed it right away! [/quote']

Thanks, I will try that tonight! *thumbs up*