Who plays WoW ?

ConneelyS

Do people play WoW ?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Do you still play World of Warcraft ?

• Yeah I play it all the time !
    • Have never played it before.
    • I do play it but only when new expansions come out.
    • Whats World of Warcraft ?

I assume that there are still tons of people who play WoW here !

I recently got it again and I wanted to get ready for the new expansion coming later this year. I have played it since about 2008 or 09 (Near the end of Wrath of The Lich King)

I was just wondering if many people feel the same as me now, that you only play when the new content comes out and there is kind of an off season for about a year in between the expansions.

Not really, no. WoW's a wasteland right now since everyone (myself included) is kind of tapped out of the entire WoD nonsense.

I'm personally waiting for Legion beta to decide if I get back into the grind gold for gear to grind more gold vicious circle. Right now it's shiny but imo it lacks substance (therefore not very appealing to me).

Legion seems to cater to casuals far too much for my taste and right now it doesn't seem worth my time or money

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

9 minutes ago, revsilverspine said:

Not really, no. WoW's a wasteland right now since everyone (myself included) is kind of tapped out of the entire WoD nonsense.

I'm personally waiting for Legion beta to decide if I get back into the grind gold for gear to grind more gold vicious circle. Right now it's shiny but imo it lacks substance (therefore not very appealing to me).

Legion seems to cater to casuals far too much for my taste and right now it doesn't seem worth my time or money

I know that's one of them main issues with the game at the moment is catering for casuals and I hate that the game is too easy. They need to bring back the old standard where the game is actually a challenge ! Hopefully Legion provides some difficulty increase because you are gonna be fighting f**king demons after all !

3 minutes ago, ConneelyS said:

I know that's one of them main issues with the game at the moment is catering for casuals and I hate that the game is too easy. They need to bring back the old standard where the game is actually a challenge ! Hopefully Legion provides some difficulty increase because you are gonna be fighting f**king demons after all !

Unfortunately that won't happen anytime soon. To be honest, the game is old. Too old. Don't get me wrong I still love it for the most part but it's gotten ridiculous.

Logged in a couple weeks ago and trade chat was basically just people selling boosts in Mythic and CM.

Gold is highly irrelevant right now (I've got like 1.5M spread across my chars and another 2M in my guildbanks). WoW Tokens might have been one of the biggest mistakes Blizzard's made in the recent past and it's pretty much taken the game to the F2P gate. Just a matter of time until the subscription model dies out entirely (I haven't paid cash for a sub ever since the Token hit and I've got enough gold to last me for a few years worth of subscription).

WoW needs a MASSIVE overhaul if they want to keep it alive for any longer.

Legion might prove to be the final nail in the proverbial coffin

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

I played it tons up until around patch 3.4.X I believe, it kinda went downhill from there and the new expansions weren't appealing to me at all.

I was actually thinking of playing some for old times' sake but would go Vanilla/BC.