Cant sell steam trading cards?

matto97

So i try to sell a trading card and it says i need to use the mobile authentication app or my item will be on hold for up to 15 days but the app is only available for IOS and Andriod so i cant use it as i have a Windows Phone. But why wont it let me sell the trading cards there like 10c like wtf steam. is there any way around this or do i have to go out and buy a new phone to sell and trade cr*p or wait 15 days for 10 dam cents.....

Desktop: CPU: I7-5820K GPU: 980Ti, 750Ti PhysX Mobo: MSI X99A SLI PLUS RAM: 4x4 Kingston DDR4 2400MHz OS: Win10
Storage: 250GB Samsung Evo, 3TB WD Black and Green FIRESTRIKE, Reason for dedicated PhysX Card.

Peripherals: Screen: 3x BenQ VZ2350 Mouse: Razer Naga Keyboard: Some Dell Thing Sound: Razer Tiamat, 5.1 Logitech Surround Speakers

3 minutes ago, matto97 said:

So i try to sell a trading card and it says i need to use the mobile authentication app or my item will be on hold for up to 15 days but the app is only available for IOS and Andriod so i cant use it as i have a Windows Phone. But why wont it let me sell the trading cards there like 10c like wtf steam. is there any way around this or do i have to go out and buy a new phone to sell and trade cr*p or wait 15 days for 10 dam cents.....

I was in the same boat. I also have a windows phone. I had to use my kids tablet to mobile authenticate my account and still had a freeze on my selling cards on the market. You are f'd either way. I don't think there's a way around it.

No there is no other way.

And if you manage to use mobile authentication on IOS/Android, you still have to wait 1 week for selling stuff on steam market.

Ryzen 5 3600 | MSI B450 Tomahawk Max | Corsair Vengeance lpx 32gb 3600mhz | EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING | XPG Core Reactor 850w

1 minute ago, Waqas409 said:

No there is no other way.

And if you manage to use mobile authentication on IOS/Android, you still have to wait 1 week for selling stuff on steam market.

Why would they implement this stupid 'feature' its crap

Desktop: CPU: I7-5820K GPU: 980Ti, 750Ti PhysX Mobo: MSI X99A SLI PLUS RAM: 4x4 Kingston DDR4 2400MHz OS: Win10
Storage: 250GB Samsung Evo, 3TB WD Black and Green FIRESTRIKE, Reason for dedicated PhysX Card.

Peripherals: Screen: 3x BenQ VZ2350 Mouse: Razer Naga Keyboard: Some Dell Thing Sound: Razer Tiamat, 5.1 Logitech Surround Speakers

3 minutes ago, onlybuilt4cubanxlinx said:

I was in the same boat. I also have a windows phone. I had to use my kids tablet to mobile authenticate my account and still had a freeze on my selling cards on the market. You are f'd either way. I don't think there's a way around it.

Nice profile pic m8 ;)
but yes its totally the stupidest thing ever to come to steam

1 minute ago, matto97 said:

Why would they implement this stupid 'feature' its crap

This isnt new. they implemented way back just to secure the item trading system. 

Ryzen 5 3600 | MSI B450 Tomahawk Max | Corsair Vengeance lpx 32gb 3600mhz | EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING | XPG Core Reactor 850w

9 minutes ago, onlybuilt4cubanxlinx said:

Yep, windows phones get annoying pretty quick. I am almost tempted to buy a cheap android phone for this sort of thing.

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Core i7-4770, Cryorig M9i Cooler, ASUS B85M GAMER, 8GB HyperX Fury Red 2x4GB 1866MHz, KFA2 GTX 970 Infin8 Black Edition "4GB", 1TB Seagate SSHD, 256GB Crucial m4 SSD, 60GB Corsair SSD for Kerbal and game servers, Thermaltake Core V21 Case, EVGA SuperNOVA 650W G2.

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

i5-2500k OCed, Raijintek Themis, Intel Z77GA-70K, 8GB HyperX Genesis in grey, GTX 750 Ti, Gamemax Falcon case.

Download a android emulator like bluestacks that's what i used when my phone was broken

@NinjaJc01 i actually love my WP, it has its down sides like app support but i will never go back at this stage.
 @FirstArmada But i dont want to download an emulator, if steam are going to make it this hard and stupid im just not going to use the market. and so far my friends have agreed not to as well. We might be a couple people but hopefully if many end up having this mind set maybe it will send a message to Valve... not that they listen but what ever.

1 minute ago, matto97 said:

@NinjaJc01 i actually love my WP, it has its down sides like app support but i will never go back at this stage.
 @FirstArmada But i dont want to download an emulator, if steam are going to make it this hard and stupid im just not going to use the market. and so far my friends have agreed not to as well. We might be a couple people but hopefully if many end up having this mind set maybe it will send a message to Valve... not that they listen but what ever.

My WP is good, but I can't cope without some of the apps, like the online banking and some games.

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Core i7-4770, Cryorig M9i Cooler, ASUS B85M GAMER, 8GB HyperX Fury Red 2x4GB 1866MHz, KFA2 GTX 970 Infin8 Black Edition "4GB", 1TB Seagate SSHD, 256GB Crucial m4 SSD, 60GB Corsair SSD for Kerbal and game servers, Thermaltake Core V21 Case, EVGA SuperNOVA 650W G2.

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

i5-2500k OCed, Raijintek Themis, Intel Z77GA-70K, 8GB HyperX Genesis in grey, GTX 750 Ti, Gamemax Falcon case.

6 minutes ago, NinjaJc01 said:

Yep, windows phones get annoying pretty quick. I am almost tempted to buy a cheap android phone for this sort of thing.

You don't even understand. The simplest of things become a head ache. Skype WINDOWS OWN APPLICATION works like trash and doesn't even work properly, no snapchat, crap 3rd party apps, can't even browse baconit with out the app crashing. Plex is hit and miss. I liked it for the first 3 months since I had never had a 'smart phone' before. It was easy to use and simple. Now I hate it .. HATE it.

1 minute ago, onlybuilt4cubanxlinx said:

You don't even understand. The simplest of things become a head ache. Skype WINDOWS OWN APPLICATION works like trash and doesn't even work properly, no snapchat, crap 3rd party apps, can't even browse baconit with out the app crashing. Plex is hit and miss. I liked it for the first 3 months since I had never had a 'smart phone' before. It was easy to use and simple. Now I hate it .. HATE it.

I do understand. Lumia 640 owner here on a 2 year contract.

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

6 minutes ago, NinjaJc01 said:

I do understand. Lumia 640 owner here on a 2 year contract.

Ouch.

1 minute ago, onlybuilt4cubanxlinx said:

Ouch.

Yep, it seemed like a decent phone at the time, but then they killed MixRadio...

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

10 hours ago, NinjaJc01 said:

Yep, it seemed like a decent phone at the time, but then they killed MixRadio...

I have a 640, honestly love it though yeah as i said app support and cortana is crap and cortana doesnt work in Australia cause you cant download the voice pack as it errors each time xD

8 hours ago, onlybuilt4cubanxlinx said:

@matto97

Valve released a Steam app for windows phones today. Sucks you would still need to wait 7 days though.

OH F**K YOU SH*TING ME WOW *downloads*