Dual Xeon build

So I'm tight on funds and have decided to try and go for something like Linus' own dual socket server board build. However I've run into a dilemma. I also want to fairly easily run high end titles and possibly VR off of it. GPU wise I know it isn't there. The build is as follows

Supermicro X7DVL-3

Xeon X5492

8-16 GB RAM from wherever I can find it dirt cheap
GTX 560 (Yes I know its far from vr ready. I DO NOT plan on using this card for very much longer)

A random Corsair 550w psu (80+ bronze)
and last and definitely least... Whatever hard drives I happen to have lying around.

My real question is 

A) Would two of the xeon x5492 cpus be able to handle VR 
and B) If two of these specific xeons wouldn't be able to handle VR what would you recommend (what cheap dual socket mobo and xeon would you suggest)?

A. No, these are much slower than moden cpus and will be a bottleneck.

B. Id go with a i5 6400.

Don't buy x5492. They cost way to much.

A x5492 is about 90 dollars and 3.4 ghz

A x5472 is about 20 dollars and 3ghz.

This mobo doesn't have any audio, so you will need a sound card.

That mobo won't work with gpu's with a riser card. You will need a different one

That mobo also may not support the x54x2 cpus as it might not support the 1600fsb cpu's

These systems also pull lots of power and makes lots of heat. If you pay for power its cheaper to buy a modern system.

Also you need the pro version of windows(extra 80 dollars)

Id buy a standard i5 6400 rig.

Thing is I have the motherboard and ram available for 40 USD and the x5492 for about 80 USD. Generally speaking single socket consumer builds are a lot worse bang for your buck than slightly "outdated" server hardware. Thus the reason I want to stick with a dual xeon build. (Also I already own a few copies of windows)

16 minutes ago, Slit said:

Thing is I have the motherboard and ram available for 40 USD and the x5492 for about 80 USD. Generally speaking single socket consumer builds are a lot worse bang for your buck than slightly "outdated" server hardware. Thus the reason I want to stick with a dual xeon build. (Also I already own a few copies of windows)

I know they can be faster, but for gaming there normally work. I don't know if you saw my edit, but that mobo won't work with a gpu as the slot is backwards. I still recommend going with a i3 as they will just work. Also it won't support the x54x2 as the 1600fsb chips won't work on this board.

Alright, thanks for catching that! I hadn't noticed the slot or that the cpu would be incompatible.